0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flamzeron
    PSN
    Flamzeron
    Steam
    Flamzeron

Unhappy Champions of Norrath save data help

So, I bought a PS2 controller extension cable from a used games store and wanted to try it out so I played a little of my second difficulty run of Champions of Norrath. I messed around a little and went back to save but while it was trying to save, I got an error. It then told me my save was corrupted and asked if I wanted to delete it. I restarted the game and it gave me the same error, which I reluctantly said yes to, making my file gone. My actual save data was not deleted, but I lost my file that I was playing (it's one of those games where the actual data on the memory card is one file, but the game allows progress to be saved on multiple slots.) I checked my back-ups, and I did have the save file backed up, but it was back at the first level, which is WAY behind where I had gotten at this point, which was the second to last level. This was meant to be a casual run, so I'm not too broken up about it, but it's still frustrating and bothering me enough that I do sort of want the progress back. I had streamed the game on my YouTube channel a couple months ago, which I actually got to the second the last level, so if I can make it back to the level before, I'll be satisfied.

That being said, I was wondering if anyone has a save at the beginning of Water's Edge, on the second difficulty, that they would be willing to send me so I can import my character and at least be close-ish to where I was before. Ideally with a couple items that can increase the speed of your weapon and one that will give it lightning. I had a super awesome lightning sword that was also super fast and it really helped the more difficult parts of the game. If you aren't at Water's Edge but have the items, that would be fine too. Preferably in .psv format, so I can put it on my PS3 and move it to my memory card that way. I suspect that my back-up is actually right before the ant part of the game, which I could handle being at least there.

In hindsight, I probably should have said yes to the first deletion request while the save was active and then save the file in a new slot. I wasn't thinking. I guess I was thinking the save attempt was ultimately canceled and that it would be fine. It was dumb, I know. If there was a way to restore the file on the memory card to an older version, I'd definitely try it. I ultimately moved the other file that was safe into another save file (I have multiple for some reason, though I brought it down to one) and deleted the original, so I imagine it's too late. That's okay, I think the memory card was partially to blame, it was one of those Action Replay MAX ones that are fickle. I plan to get another, more stable memory card soon.

Anyway, thanks for reading this little vent and thanks if anyone has a file to help.
    Last edited by Flamzeron; 01-25-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

On Champions of Norrath, any save file that you save on, the save file moves to the top of the list(if you ask me kind of stupid, that's how a friends save data got erased when another friend kept saving on the same slot,) but what I'd recommend if you're going to be the only one playing, save on the bottom slot each time you save, that slot will be moved to the top and the others will be moved down one. So if anything like this happens again, you'll have four saves in close proximity to your last.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Flamzeron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flamzeron
    PSN
    Flamzeron
    Steam
    Flamzeron

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    On Champions of Norrath, any save file that you save on, the save file moves to the top of the list(if you ask me kind of stupid, that's how a friends save data got erased when another friend kept saving on the same slot,) but what I'd recommend if you're going to be the only one playing, save on the bottom slot each time you save, that slot will be moved to the top and the others will be moved down one. So if anything like this happens again, you'll have four saves in close proximity to your last.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! I've decided to keep playing. Since it was a casual run, I didn't exactly lose major progress. That being said, I'm still open to anyone sharing their save, though primarily for the items so I can get my cool super fast lightning sword again.
    Last edited by Flamzeron; 01-25-2018 at 09:48 PM.