Thread: Shining Resonance Refrain (Switch, PS4, XBO, Steam/PC)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Shining Resonance Refrain (Switch, PS4, XBO, Steam/PC)

The news:
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/21/17...ase-date-price

Description:
    It's a remake of a Japanese-exclusive PS3 RPG where you play as characters that fight with musical instruments for some reason. It'll cost $50. It'll have a Collector's Edition in EU & NA. PC won't get a Collector's Edition. It will release during the third quarter of 2018.

The trailer:

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Only a blind man would think this game isn't shit after watching gameplay. Enemies have a long attack delay and the small enemies get stunned and their AI resets, so enemies pretty much just stand there and don't do anything while you attack them. This is a JRPG afterall, so the storyline is honestly going to be shit, without a shadow of a doubt.

People can say "but you didn't play it," but you don't have to play a game to see some clear flaws within gameplay, just pay attention to the gameplay videos, don't just make a blind opinion of hype just because it's a JRPG. I understand we don't get a lot of them, but are you really going to settle for shit? Well, don't answer that, because too many people settle for shit, clearly. It's shit games like this that make casual gamers not want broaden their gaming interests and kill off actual good niche titles that don't make sales.

https://youtu.be/oHcWcSsPcOs?t=1
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I just dont get sega... their most popular jrpg franchise Phantasy Star has been dormant since 94. I consider all the other pso and universe games spinoffs, they are set in the same world but they arent PS games imo. Shining games nevers sold well in the west except for the original force series, why not a new ps or shining force?? Fire emblem is getting popular now, shining force would do great now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sega logic has been its own brand of corporate schizophrenia for a very long time now. An "original flavor" Shining would actually be very welcome among SRPG fans, so of course we've had Diablo clones for half of forever. Next, they'll revive Alex Kidd as a grimdark FPS gorefest or Valkyria Chronicles as a bubbly kart racer.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I just dont get sega... their most popular jrpg franchise Phantasy Star has been dormant since 94. I consider all the other pso and universe games spinoffs, they are set in the same world but they arent PS games imo. Shining games nevers sold well in the west except for the original force series, why not a new ps or shining force?? Fire emblem is getting popular now, shining force would do great now.
    I'm hoping they don't bring back Phantasy Star. They planned and intended to end the series at IV so they should stick to it, having some integrity and respect for the franchise. I'm looking to all the Halloween and Friday the 13th movies that kept getting made after the supposed end(s) to the series.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'm hoping they don't bring back Phantasy Star. They planned and intended to end the series at IV so they should stick to it, having some integrity and respect for the franchise. I'm looking to all the Halloween and Friday the 13th movies that kept getting made after the supposed end(s) to the series.
    If they made a good game I don't think it'd matter much. Kojima stated the last Metal Gear would be every single Metal Gear Solid, but there's still a Metal Gear Solid 5 and every game in the series is considered good. What matters is if the Phantasy Star that Sega released was good. I don't think you have to worry though, because we won't be seeing anything that isn't Phantasy Star Online or the like after micro transactions were introduced.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.