Thread: PriceCharting.com 0% final value fee VS eBay 10% final value fee

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default PriceCharting.com 0% final value fee VS eBay 10% final value fee

I could be wrong about this but I just signed up for pricecharting.com and from what I am reading, they don't have a final value fee. All there is is the PayPal fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents. Unless I am mistaken and they mean to say that pricecharting.com takes 2.9% AND PayPal takes 2.9%, but even if that's the case, that's a hell of a lot better than eBay's 10% (plus PayPal's 2.9%)

well eBay it was nice knowing ya

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbpxl For This Useful Post:

Cornelius (02-26-2018), Koa Zo (02-24-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Very interesting. I'll give this a try in the not too distant future.
    Though I deal with eBay, it's always a pain in the ass when they try to "improve" things for sellers. I mean, right now, I can go into my seller's listings in at least three different ways, and each displays things differently. WTF, why so confusing and unuser-friendly? I recently tried to list an ipad and accessories for a friend on his account, and I had no fucking idea what was going on, it was so aggravating and took almost an hour to get it how we wanted it - we were including the Apple Pencil so eBay forcing the iPad to be listed under "accessories", among other issues. And I have no doubt that eBay's algorithms for returning search results to buyers are weighted to favor certain sellers. Fuck eBay.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    Very interesting. I'll give this a try in the not too distant future.
    Though I deal with eBay, it's always a pain in the ass when they try to "improve" things for sellers. I mean, right now, I can go into my seller's listings in at least three different ways, and each displays things differently. WTF, why so confusing and unuser-friendly? I recently tried to list an ipad and accessories for a friend on his account, and I had no fucking idea what was going on, it was so aggravating and took almost an hour to get it how we wanted it - we were including the Apple Pencil so eBay forcing the iPad to be listed under "accessories", among other issues. And I have no doubt that eBay's algorithms for returning search results to buyers are weighted to favor certain sellers. Fuck eBay.
    I have noticed that over the last 12 years since I signed up for eBay, the design has changed, things are harder to find, etc. My main beef with eBay is that they legitimize counterfeit video games and look the other way when people complain.

I will still use eBay for buying but I will be selling video games on PriceCharting.com whenever possible from now on.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

here's the link that sums it up

https://www.pricecharting.com/market-fee-comparison

edit: they dont allow repros

"What can be bought and sold on the marketplace?
    Can: Any video game, video game console, and the most popular game accessories like first party controllers, memory cards, Skylanders, amiibo, etc.

Cannot: At this time you can't buy or sell video game lots, game memorabilia, or gaming items with no listing on our site. You can't sell reproductions, fakes, or import games.

If you think we're missing an item that should be included please let us know."
    Last edited by gbpxl; 02-24-2018 at 06:47 PM.