The last time I bought a game that had just come out was Shovel Knight in 2014, and before that it was Halo 4 in 2013. I currently do not own any console newer than the GameCube.

The first time I really felt myself being turned off with a modern console was probably some time in 2010 when I was playing either Gran Turismo 5 Prologue or Gran Turismo 5. I was completely blown away by how bad the loading times were. The install times themselves were absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand what is so hard about making a game where I can insert a disc and be playing within 60 seconds.

The other game that I really noticed having problems with was Grand Theft Auto IV. I tried very hard to enjoy the game but I felt the cars controlled poorly and it seemed like the camera didn't want to follow me as I turned. The physics were awful and graphics very bland and washed out. I was a huge fan of the PS2 GTAs and 4 was a huge letdown.

I don't think I even have to talk about downloadable content. I wasn't one of the people that bought the $5 horse armor in Oblivion but I did pay for the expansion packs. Companies want to nickel and dime us to death.

With the advent of companies like Facebook and Google, I feel like we are constantly being spied on. It is very difficult (impossible?) to buy a new console in 2018 and start playing a game without any sort of internet connection. There are times when I don't feel like I want someone watching me.

Are games made in 2018 going to be collectable or sought after in 2028 or 2038? The companies will no longer be supporting these games, so if internet connection is required, these games are going to end up in the landfill. What a waste.

Too much attention is focused on online play. Some of us prefer to play solo without hearing racist insults being leveled at others.

It's no wonder retro games have seen a resurgence. A game like Kirby's Adventure is final; no updating required, no internet connection required, no tutorials, and you can start playing almost instantly.

so yeah long story short, gaming for me died with the 6th generation