Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my thoughts on modern gaming

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Consoles died after PS2. The truly last great console. Either play retro consoles or just play straight up online games, no console. If you are still consoling after 2012, you are a fool imo.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Why would it make anyone a fool to own a home console past the PS2? There are tons of games on those consoles that have never come out on PC.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by turboexpress View Post
    Consoles died after PS2. The truly last great console. Either play retro consoles or just play straight up online games, no console. If you are still consoling after 2012, you are a fool imo.
    I guess you didn't see The Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima at Sony's conference.

https://youtu.be/btmN-bWwv0A?t=296

https://youtu.be/kSAvzeopPC8?t=181

Can you play Super Mario Odyssey on PC? Can you play The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild(legitimately, not emulated.)

For the most part though, most games that can be played on console can be played on PC, anyone who is a console gamer knows that. There's different reasons for playing consoles though. A lot of people aren't as hardcore into video games as those of us, a console is just more convenient to turn on and play. If you don't know what's out there and want to just browse, it's easier to browse and find good console games what with Steam having over 2000 trash releases per month. If you want to collect, good luck doing that on PC. A few years ago, very few major releases still released physical most of which are digital codes. Some people like to collect.

There's many reasons to not game on PC, while there's many reasons to quit gaming on consoles and become a PC gamer. As a collector if everything goes all digital, I'll still purchase consoles, but I'll do most of my gaming on PC since at that point there's no reason for me to be tied to consoles. Until that happens, I'm almost exclusive to consoles.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.