Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my thoughts on modern gaming

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I decided to make a video series showing what PS4 has available that I consider to be good called "25 PS4 games in five minutes." Exclusives, multiconsole games, ports, remakes, whatever. If I consider a good game I'm including it. Now currently I only have one video uploaded and the second video is currently in progress(complete, just delaying uploading it since the third video will take awhile.)

The third video I've already got planned to be a sort of JRPG and Namco Bandai list of games along with some others. However, there are some Namco Bandai games that I haven't played or that I haven't finished so that's where the delay comes from. Every game in the video I've either finished or depending on the game I've put significant time into it.

Thought it might interest people in this thread to give them an idea of modern gen games that are available to purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZF58GFU1cI
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

A nice video, it gets to the point without any unneeded filler. If I could just make one suggestion it would be to include the names of the games on screen while the footage is being showed. It's a bit hard to figure out what each footage belongs to as I wasn't counting how many games were already shown, after several it gets a bit tricky.

For me personally I only found a few of those games interesting enough to possibly play them and those ones are also available on the PC so I still don't need a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gameguy For This Useful Post:

Cornelius (04-16-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I edited the comments and added the time for each game. One cool thing(and I didn't know Youtube did this) is that all I did was watch the video myself and typed the times 0:00, 0:13, etc, literally nothing else and when I saved it and went back to the video and checked the comments, they were listed as a link instead. I clicked on a random one and it took me to the exact time in the video. Pretty cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've deleted and reuploaded the first video to include the titles of the games in the video itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW_jcUfXv40

Uploaded a second video of 25 more games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJxqAui_So

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    The install times themselves were absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand what is so hard about making a game where I can insert a disc and be playing within 60 seconds.
    HALO 5 has been installing on my XBOX ONE for over 13 HOURS now, and it's still just at about 90%.

I wish I was kidding.

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Consoles died after PS2. The truly last great console. Either play retro consoles or just play straight up online games, no console. If you are still consoling after 2012, you are a fool imo.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Why would it make anyone a fool to own a home console past the PS2? There are tons of games on those consoles that have never come out on PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turboexpress View Post
    Consoles died after PS2. The truly last great console. Either play retro consoles or just play straight up online games, no console. If you are still consoling after 2012, you are a fool imo.
    I guess you didn't see The Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima at Sony's conference.

https://youtu.be/btmN-bWwv0A?t=296

https://youtu.be/kSAvzeopPC8?t=181

Can you play Super Mario Odyssey on PC? Can you play The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild(legitimately, not emulated.)

For the most part though, most games that can be played on console can be played on PC, anyone who is a console gamer knows that. There's different reasons for playing consoles though. A lot of people aren't as hardcore into video games as those of us, a console is just more convenient to turn on and play. If you don't know what's out there and want to just browse, it's easier to browse and find good console games what with Steam having over 2000 trash releases per month. If you want to collect, good luck doing that on PC. A few years ago, very few major releases still released physical most of which are digital codes. Some people like to collect.

There's many reasons to not game on PC, while there's many reasons to quit gaming on consoles and become a PC gamer. As a collector if everything goes all digital, I'll still purchase consoles, but I'll do most of my gaming on PC since at that point there's no reason for me to be tied to consoles. Until that happens, I'm almost exclusive to consoles.