Thread: Timespinner by Lunar Ray Games (PS4, Vita, 3DS, Windows, Mac, Linux)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool Timespinner by Lunar Ray Games

Character art like Final Fantasy on the SNES, gameplay and backgrounds like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, a charge shot like Mega Man X, and time travel & time stopping mechanics. Yes please!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/timespinner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-main.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	7564
    Timespinner

My pledge level will get a 3DS download of the game, a physical PC copy of the game, two PC digital copies of the game (Win/Mac/Linux), a download of the OST, early access, earlier beta access, developer forum access, an exclusive sidekick, skins, and weapons for backers, and credit in the game and on its Web site for me. Pretty good for a $65 pledge.

The Kickstarter ends at 10:00 P.M. July 25th, so if you are interested, get cracking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I backed this and quite happily shelled out additional for a PS4 copy. Very, very excited by this game.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This looks like a good project. I like the fact that the developer has some industry experience and actually took a risk by working on the engine and game design for five years without asking someone else to pay for it. That to me is what a good Kickstarter project looks like and I will probably make a contribution.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I wrote 'SNES Final Fantasy' when I made that first post as more people are acquainted with those games, recognize the name of that series, and it was for the same console and from the same time period and developer. But what really influenced the character art style and story of Timespinner is actually Secret of Mana. I'm sure that's more than enough to get some people excited.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As someone who is currently enjoying Shovel Knight, this looks really neat. In one of the videos, it even looked there you could wall jump. I'm keeping my eye on this for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If someone wanted a physical copy, do we know if it's burdened being stuck having drm frontend junk like Steam attached to it? Also if someone doesn't believe in kickstarter stuff but wants the game could they buy a physical version once it is eventually released?

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    If someone wanted a physical copy, do we know if it's burdened being stuck having drm frontend junk like Steam attached to it?
    Every PC (Windows/Macintosh/Linux) copy is available in both a DRM-free form and a Steam form. You get both for one pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Also if someone doesn't believe in kickstarter stuff but wants the game could they buy a physical version once it is eventually released?
    Sorry, but the physical copies are only available as rewards for the Kickstarter fund-raising project. The game will eventually be made available as a general digital release for the buying public at large, but the physical copies are only a part of the Kickstarter.

By the way, the project successfully raised $176,667. Impressive for a $50,000 goal.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Timespinner by Lunar Ray Games (PS4, Vita, 3DS, Windows, Mac, Linux)

Name:	timespinner-logo.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	10515
    Here's an awesome game I helped to fund a while ago.

Short description: A beautifully pixelated 2D Metroidvania about a young woman who travels through time to destroy an empire.

Mar 21, 2018 Update
    Spring Update

Hey y'all, happy vernal equinox! Well, late equinox, since I just learned that equinoxes are not always on the 21st, so I'm technically a day late on this update, haha. The more you know!

I hope you've all been doing well! We've been steadily working on the game, marching on towards the end- and let me tell you, the end is in sight!

Game Progress
    The game is going great! Since the last update, I've finished the major in-game tasks that I told you about before (bosses, backer content, and cutscenes). Now the only tasks on my end are polish and porting.

Since porting involves lots of time spent coding boring stuff, I've been spending the weekly stream days working on fun visual-type stuff. Here's a great example of that sort of polish: A brand new title screen!

Name:	timespinner-logo-2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	10516
    Shiny new title screen!

I'm not the only one working hard to finish the game- Power Up Audio has been expertly crafting the game's SFX and Jeff Ball has been doing stellar work on finishing the game's soundtrack! Here's a sample: the area theme for the "Caves of Banishment":

Isn't it wonderful? It reminds me of my favorite PlayStation 1 games, while still being unique and beautiful. Wow :O

Even though the game is getting close to being finished, I still don't have a good idea of when the final release date will be. This is because it's hard to predict how long console ports and certification will take. When I have a final date, I will definitely let you all know!
    Alpha and Beta Builds

Sooo, remember last update I talked about releasing a new Alpha build and soon after a new Beta build...well, time sure flies, doesn't it? Hehe...*sweats nervously*

I've been so focused on finishing up the game that I let that task fall behind. I'm sorry about that! So, I've just uploaded a new Alpha build on Steam! This build contains the same 2 areas from previous builds and also contains the new prologue area.

After a week or two, I'll be sending out Beta keys (via email) to all of the backers who backed at that tier ($40 or higher). The first Beta build will be similar to the current Alpha build (limited areas). As we get closer to the release date, the build's scope will include new areas!

Conclusion
    Alright, that's it for today! Please send me a message on Kickstarter or stop by the weekly development livestreams (Twitch.tv/LunarRayGames (Tuesdays at 1-4pm PDT)) if you have any questions!

Until next time, take care y'all!
    Videos, music, images, etc.: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2142410
    Weekly live streams of development: Twitch.tv/LunarRayGames (Tuesdays at 1-4pm PDT)
    Last edited by Nz17; 03-27-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The kickstarter link you posted is for Tower Defense 1990.

Also, what's up with all these ads now? The first time I visited this thread an ad was inside your quote box. I wish I took a screen capture of it.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The kickstarter link you posted is for Tower Defense 1990.
    Um, sorry. It's fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Also, what's up with all these ads now? The first time I visited this thread an ad was inside your quote box. I wish I took a screen capture of it.
    They aren't supposed to show for people who are logged into the forum. I went over the code to change it to make sure that shouldn't happen again.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

After four years of development, Timespinner will "go gold" and finally be available on September 25th for PlayStation 4, Vita, Windows, Mac, and Linux! The 3DS port will follow some months after this initial launch. A Steam purchase includes cross-buy (Linux, Mac, Windows). A PSN purchase includes cross-buy (PS4, PSV).

Links
    Steam page for Timespinner
    PlayStation Web page for Timespinner