Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was your game room like in 1995?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

1995 HS senior going into college, and mid-year discovered I could slowly start to afford second hand old NES games so I started to slowly buy them up a bit, GB and SNES too, so there wasn't huge bulk other than what I kept the last 10 years.

I had this big wood 7"~ cabinet which could hold like a 25-27" TV offset to the side, the other side had a narrow space with a shelf for like magazines. Top had two square/cube spaces, in there had a few gaming fun items and 2 speakers. Below the TV area was a larger rectangle/cube spaces with a moveable pegged shelf on each side as it was divided in the middle as a support. The left had my NES/SNES in there, and under in that half were all my NES/SNES games in NES game holders and exposed in their dust jackets for SNES, right side had my stereo/receiver in there, and below the accessories for gaming etc storage. The games were fairly tight in there as I had around 100~ games between the two consoles. I had some other wood cubes too off to the side, more games and accessories went in them as well as only so much fit below the main space. Another wall had my computer/computer desk-hutch and that had more PC gaming and accessories random fun stuff on top, etc. I didn't let it ever take over the whole room, but it did get the better half of 2 of 4 walls around the closet and the door.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe not 1995, but this was around 1991. Wish we had taken more pictures back then, but taking pictures was a lot more work compared to today haha. I only have these pictures because these were "proof of property" pictures my dad took before we had to evacuate our house. I kid you not, we had to evacuate to escape an erupting volcano. Best part though was that finals were cancelled and we got to move back to the United States early

Ah the old 13" hand me down TV, such a rite of passage. I only really had my Genesis and Amiga hooked up to it at the time, however at this point I had gotten back into PC gaming instead of the Amiga.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The only computers I had were a C64 and an Amiga 500. I was still living in an apartment at the time, so those were on a small desk in the corner of the dining room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I had a very old, even for the time. J.C. Penny TV (a lot like this one) that I had to hook up using an adapter to let me use coax over the VHF antenna screw terminals.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    Maybe not 1995, but this was around 1991. Wish we had taken more pictures back then, but taking pictures was a lot more work compared to today haha. I only have these pictures because these were "proof of property" pictures my dad took before we had to evacuate our house. I kid you not, we had to evacuate to escape an erupting volcano. Best part though was that finals were cancelled and we got to move back to the United States early

Ah the old 13" hand me down TV, such a rite of passage. I only really had my Genesis and Amiga hooked up to it at the time, however at this point I had gotten back into PC gaming instead of the Amiga.

That is a pretty nice setup for early 90s. What is the smiley face covering your game genie?