Thread: Marble Blast Ultra

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Marble Blast Ultra

I want to play it. I bought it back in the day through Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 but the last time I tried to re-download it (within the last few years) it looked like it was pulled from the Marketplace. I think that I was able to just re-download the trial, but I want the full game.

There's a few others that I'm sure have been pulled as well that I purchased- Zuma Deluxe, Hexic HD, others...

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Well, to quote Wikipedia:

On January 31, 2011, GarageGames lost the distribution rights of several of its games, including Marble Blast Gold, to InterActive, Corp. MBG was eventually taken down from other sites as well, such as RealArcade. This also caused the direct sequel, Marble Blast Ultra, to be delisted from Xbox Live Arcade later in 2011. On February 1, 2011, Marble Blast Gold was removed from the GarageGames store and is no longer available for purchase. However, the full game can still be downloaded for free at Marble Blast. Demos for Windows, Mac, and Linux are also still available.[5] The license to the Marble Blast franchise is retained by IAC. It is unknown if the Xbox version is still available; the only known source is a video on YouTube showing the original Xbox Live Arcade with Marble Blast Gold on it. Many fans have reacted negatively towards its discontinuation since.
    and

On February 12, 2011 Marble Blast Ultra was delisted from the Xbox Live Arcade service. GarageGames, now a subsidiary of Graham Software Development, retained the rights to the Torque Engine which powers Marble Blast Ultra, but not the rights to the game. Game rights are property of InstantAction Holdings. GarageGames CEO Eric Preisz said that it was "unlikely" that the studio would reacquire the rights to its games.
    However, if you don't mind playing the first game, "Marble Blast Gold," instead of "Marble Blast Ultra," then it can be downloaded for Windows and Mac at for free at [ https://marbleblast.com/index.php/downloads/mbg ]. That is a Web site ran by fans and includes many mods to provide tons of hours of content and fun!