Thread: WTB: PS1 console

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default WTB: PS1 console

Looking for a real nice condition PS1 that has the parallel I/O port in the back. Cables & controllers not necessary but will be considered for the right price. I'm located in the southeast USA.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Interesting. Are you starting a project that requires a PS with a parallel port? I wish I had one to spare for you, but the only two I have are spoken for and one of them doesn't have a parallel port, I believe. Are you trying to avoid the usual eBay riffraff and Amazon sellers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

What do you mean by "real nice condition"? I have these 2 units, both are parallel i/o. However, only one of them has a working cd-rom drive. Not sure which one though, but I'm keeping that one. The other one you can have for price of shipping if you want it. (or trade for an N64 PSU if ya have a spare one) It's just been sitting around and I seriously need a good excuse to rid myself of it besides tossing it in the big blue file cabinet outside.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Interesting. Are you starting a project that requires a PS with a parallel port? I wish I had one to spare for you, but the only two I have are spoken for and one of them doesn't have a parallel port, I believe. Are you trying to avoid the usual eBay riffraff and Amazon sellers?
    I've never had a PS1 actually, only borrowed one from time to time, so I wanted to rectify that. I have controllers of my own even. The parallel port makes the PSIO device a potential option down the road, but I could also just decide to install a rasberry pi in the shell and turn it into a dedicated PS1 emulation box. I basically want a decent looking example among my console hardware lineup even though I have a PS2. I was considering eBay as a last resort, but I always prefer to deal with forumites.

Quote Originally Posted by fluid_matrix View Post
    What do you mean by "real nice condition"? I have these 2 units, both are parallel i/o. However, only one of them has a working cd-rom drive. Not sure which one though, but I'm keeping that one. The other one you can have for price of shipping if you want it. (or trade for an N64 PSU if ya have a spare one) It's just been sitting around and I seriously need a good excuse to rid myself of it besides tossing it in the big blue file cabinet outside.
    The lack of a working drive is not a problem at all, I can fix that. Unfortunately I don't have a power supply for you. ( I don't have an N64 at all, even.) But for the cost of shipping either one of those certainly looks just fine, I will paypal you as friends/family so you don't get hit with a fee.
    Last edited by Bratwurst; 06-10-2018 at 06:32 AM.