With the release (and major success) of the Switch, how do you think future gamers and collectors will see the Wii U? I would like to compare it to previous consoles but I find its position to be fairly unique.

Two comparisons I've heard are to the Dreamcast and the Atari Jaguar. In terms of the Dreamcast, the console and its titles might be viewed with better favor in hindsight, at least compared to its sale performance. I would have agreed with that if it weren't for the ports of major titles to the Switch. I think those ports aren't going to make the Wii U versions worthless, but they will slash the value of certain titles. For that reason, the retrospective on the console might fly the way of Jaguar or other consoles that are still seen positively, but the libraries suffered from major titles getting ported or better versions being released. Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about, and there are many quality titles.

What do you all think, how will the Wii U be viewed 5 years from now? 10 years from now? What will prices look like for completionists out there? Another factor might be that the game pads could have a limited lifespan. They can obviously be repaired but it might affect availability.