Thread: New Book on Sega's Arcade History Is Out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Book on Sega's Arcade History Is Out!

Hi all!

I normally don't self-promote, but I thought you all might be interested in knowing that my new book on Sega's arcade history has finally come out. Two years of work, dozens of interviews, and hundreds of documents (many translated from Japanese for the first time) result in a detailed chronology of one of the greatest arcade companies of all time. 62 arcade classics are discussed in all, including hits like Hang-On, Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Congo Bongo, and Virtua Fighter. Each chapter includes development histories and tons of quotes. Sega's arcade centers are also included, as are all its AM teams. The book covers Sega's history from its founding until its 2003 merger with Sammy Corporation.

Here's a detailed preview of the contents. The book is available in paperback and digital formats from Amazon, as well as directly from the publisher.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

I would be interested, but you left out my favorite arcade game Michael Jackson: Moonwalker 1990. A fantastic isometric view beat-em up that is vastly better than its console counterpart. It came out on Sega System 18 hardware, an upgraded and improved System 16 system. It never received any kind of console port, not even on a compilation or virtual console release. I've been wanting to own this game for as long as I can remember and I finally took the plunge and bought the arcade board and a supergun to play it on. Sorry about the Moonwalker rant, but its omission made me a little sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have loved to include it, but development information was practically non-existent. I could have included it, but there wouldn't have been any real info to discuss.