Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Exclamation EmuParadise has removed its entire library of retro game ROMs and ISOs

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2...roms-and-isos/

For nearly two decades, EmuParadise has been the go-to place for quite a number of people in the emulation community. This is due to the site’s vast collection of ROMs and ISOs from many systems, dating all the way back from the Atari and NES eras, straight up to the Wii and PSP. But, things are different now.

The site’s creator recently put out an announcement on a website, titled “EmuParadise is Changing”. This announcement contained an explanation — the site will no longer host any games. Here’s an excerpt:

“It’s not worth it for us to risk potentially disastrous consequences. I cannot in good conscience risk the futures of our team members who have contributed to the site through the years. We run EmuParadise for the love of retro games and for you to be able to revisit those good times. Unfortunately, it’s not possible right now to do so in a way that makes everyone happy and keeps us out of trouble . . . . . You won’t be able to get your games from here for now. Where we go with this is up to us and up to you.”
    This news comes just a few weeks after Nintendo slapped a massive $100 million lawsuit against the owner of LoveROMS and LoveRETRO. These websites were very similar to EmuParadise, hosting a vast collection of retro games and emulators. Mere hours after the lawsuit was filed, both websites were taken offline. Interestingly enough, many responses from the community to the closure of these sites pointed to EmuParadise still being around as another trustworthy source of games. Obviously, that claim no longer applies. In addition to the fall of LoveROMS and LoveRETRO, Nintendo then had an online GameBoy Advance Emulator removed from GitHub.

It must be noted that EmuParadise’s announcement does not specifically denounce Nintendo as being a/the reason for the removal of all the games from the site, But, it has had run-ins with the Big N in the past. Back in June 2017, all of Nintendo’s first-party titles were taken down from EmuParadise’s library. So, taking the two aforementioned recent closures into account on top of last year’s scuffle, it wouldn’t be surprising if Nintendo does have a role to play in this announcement after all, but EmuParadise has yet to name any names. The fact of the matter is, the site was in violation of copyright laws. So, whoever forced the site to make this drastic move did have the legal grounds to do so, especially since EmuParadise was benefiting financially from hosting its library due to selling ad space.

Will this kill the emulation scene? Not exactly. Other sources still exist. However, this is a crippling blow nonetheless. EmuParadise was known not just for having a vast collection of games, but also being a safe source due to many other ROM/ISO sites being riddled with evasive ads and viruses. So, many in the community are going to have to find somewhere else to get their games if they’re still willing to make the effort.
    I'm not shocked, but it was kinda surprising to find out this actually happened with Emuparadise.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

At this point I normally just download the occasional DC/PS2/XBOX/GCN ISO, but I expect those will be next to impossible to find soon.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Retro game repository EmuParadise says it’s finished distributing ROMs

https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/08/r...ributing-roms/

“We will continue to be passionate retro gamers and will keep doing cool stuff around retro games, but you won’t be able to get your games from here for now,” reads an EmuParadise blog post. “Where we go with this is up to us and up to you.”

If you search EmuParadise’s library for games now, you’ll find that the site has already scrubbed away most of them for every system. WarioWare for the Game Boy Advance is gone, but so is Blackthorne for the 32X.
    As someone who has used EmuParadise and purchased retro games directly from Nintendo, I’m sad about this development. It was nice to know that if I ever wanted to try a game out for research or just because I felt like it, EmuParadise provided a way to do so. It was reliable and safe, and now I’m left wondering how I’ll track down some of the lesser known games.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parallaxscroll For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (08-10-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

There will be other sites but it's a shame emuparadise is a bust now for roms.I use to visit there site allot when i needed roms for snes&genesis to be put on my everdrive.Still i wouldn't be surprise if emu seen what,nintendo did to loveretro&loveroms and decided to get out asap.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    what,nintendo did to loveretro&loveroms
    um.. what did nintendo do to loveretro&loveroms?

Also, when downloading roms, download via torrent is the way to go.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 08-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nintendo-loveroms-lawsuit

Emuparadise was always a go-to when I wanted individual roms, but yea, torrent is the way to go to get full sets. In all honestly, I was just on EP the other night to find a few N64 roms to keep me busy while I've been sick in bed and got tired of watching tv and yt. Sad to see them go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post

They filed a cease and deist to them they pretty much gonna sue them.For down loading roms i can definitely see this happening more for going the torrent route.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tron 2.0 For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (08-10-2018)