Thread: FuncoLand price guides

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default FuncoLand price guides

Anyone have them and care to upload photos?

I have one from September 1996. This was the month that the N64 was released so the NES was officially 2 generations old, which is a pivotal point in terms of prices for NES games. Some of the games that are now worthless were commanding $25 or more at the time. And Stadium Events was $1.99. Super Mario Bros and its variations were 25 to 29 cents.

I'll upload a photo if I get a chance
    Last edited by gbpxl; 08-12-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I'm going to guess the $25+ NES games were late releases (1992 - '94) and/or REALLY good games like Mario 3, Kirby's Adventure, etc, though their prices probably quickly dropped in the next year or two after '96.

I've heard that NES games were cheapest overall around 1999-2000 or so. At that point even the newest NES games were old enough to have depreciated completely, and the oldest NES games were still only about 14 years old. By the time I started collecting in 2006, prices had started going back up but were nowhere near the level they are today.

Stadium Events at $1.99? In the EXTREMELY unlikely event that they got one.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hard as it may be to believe, most of the "late release" games were worthless back then. No one cared about Stadium Events either. Side pocket and Vegas Dream were expensive games before ebay.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I have one from around 2000-2002 or so, during this time I would goto all 3 Funcolands in my area every 2-3 days and get all the rares/boxes/manuals.
    Around this time stadium events was 7$ at Funco, and around this time Stadium Events was a 250-350$ on ebay, the next most expensive ones on ebay were Flint 2 and Bubble Bobble 2 at around 50$. I remember scoring a copy of Bubble Bobble 2 for 30$. The most expensive nes game at funco was always Dragon Warrior 4, I think it was like 35 or 45$.

Oh and Stadium Events was very rare back then, I never saw it and I always kept my eyes peeled for it. I had an online friend who lived in Florida, and he scored a Stadium Events for 7$ at funco and less than a year later sold it on ebay for around 300$.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 09-01-2018 at 03:02 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bb_hood For This Useful Post:

gbpxl (09-01-2018)

Strawberry (Level 2) AdamAnt316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

No idea if I still have any of my old Funcoland price sheets. Would've been in the mid-late '90s, when NES stuff was unwanted by most. Stuff like NES Max and Advantage controllers were $3-4 apiece, and Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridges were priced at 10 cents apiece. We actually bought one of them for a relative who'd happened upon an NES; a surreal experience to be sure. Some oddball stuff was rather expensive, like the Arkanoid controller. I built up a pretty nice NES setup in those days; two each NES Max/Advantage, a set of Acclaim "Power Player" wireless (infrared) controllers, and some various oddball joysticks/pads they had lying around. Ah, those were the days..........
    -Adam

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
    Some oddball stuff was rather expensive, like the Arkanoid controller.
    The arkanoid controller was always expensive. Ive found a few at salvation army in the past with regular nes controllers, but online even around 2000 it was like 30-35$ for just the controller. Back then that was alot. They break easily and the game is much much easier using the arkanoid controller over the regular nes controller.