Thread: N64 games for 3 kids

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N64 games for 3 kids

Hello everyone,

I am so excited that my daughters are starting to enjoy classic gaming. They have recently enjoyed my old N64. Namely Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. It is hard to find new games because there are 3 girls and they like to play at the same time. Ages 5-9... so Mario Party doesn't quite work because they have to take turns. Could you please recommend some games that might fit that profile... Games that they don't take turns but play collaboratively or against each other. N64 games are relatively easy to find and cheap, so I'll buy anything at this point to diversify the play.

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

If they like Mario Kart then you could try Mickey's Speedway USA, it's basically the same thing but with Disney characters. But the thing that they might like better is that only they will be racing against each other, not a bunch of AI characters that will likely be winning a lot more than them, like in the Mario Kart games.

I think the only N64 game that my kid spent any amount of time on was the Scooby Doo game, but that's not something that more than one person could play at a time...nor does it have a lot of replay value.
    Come to think of it...I don't think he's played Super Smash Bros yet. He'd probably enjoy that one a lot.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the tip about Mickey's Speedway, I have a couple of shops I will go check out and get it.

It's a little sad that there aren't many others. N64 was designed with multiplayer in mind since it was the very first console to have 4 controller ports and Nintendo typically likes to keep things kid friendly... yet, not many games that fit the profile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yeah, I'm having a hard time thinking of things that might fit what you're looking for. Of course there's the typical FPS shooter games, but they're not exactly young girl friendly(but you never know). There's also games like Gauntlet Legends and Starfox 64 that they may not be into either.

How about New Tetris...4 player simultaneous Tetris
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The mini games in Pokemon Stadium 2 are a lot of fun. My friends and I used to play those all the time.

What about Rat Attack or Goemon's Great Adventure? The latter has a four player mode that's unlocked after 100% the game.

Also, Snowboard Kids 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Doonzmore; 08-20-2018 at 06:42 PM.