Thread: *Blank* is the Newest Console I'll Ever Own Because *Reason*

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thumbs down *Blank* is the Newest Console I'll Ever Own Because *Reason*

Here's how this thread works: name the console which is the newest (most recently released) console you'll ever personally own and explain why you won't step past this virtual line in the sand.

Examples:

The Dreamcast is the newest console I'll ever own because it was the last console SEGA ever made. (Technically the Advanced Pico Beena was the last one, but I digress.)

The PlayStation 2 is the newest console I'll ever own because I want a complete game on a disc, not a 50% game, 50% DLC mess!

The Wii U is the newest console I'll ever own because I shouldn't have to pay to play online!

The Atari Lynx is the newest console I'll ever own because ATARI FOREVER!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

GameCube. last generation when games still didnt feel like carbon copies of one another, no online requirements for the most part, quick load times, wired controllers. and i grew up on this gen the most

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The PS5 or Switch 2 will be the last consoles I (potentially) own because I'm suspecting the following generation to be digital only.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TwinChargers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PS3 is the newest console I'll ever own because I currently see no real reason to upgrade. My favorite genre/era of games is arcade ports of the 80-90's. Realistically, the PS2 covered that ground nicely, and I could have very well stopped there. I will admit, it was nice getting a PS3 with its fancy wireless controllers and ability to play The Pinball Arcade, and it was my first Blu-Ray player, but there hasn't been any reason to upgrade beyond what the PS3 has offered for myself.

I'm not overly wild about not "physically" owning some games. I know that it is inevitable. I own a slew of arcade and retro game compilations on a bunch of various platforms (most of which I purchased for well under $20) and now those individual games on those discs are being offered for a buck or two a piece. Makes little sense to me to buy them yet again at a premium price. Lord knows how many Namco Arcade collections I already own across the last few generations.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!!