Did you get it, and if so, what did you think of the game?

I have two: Driv3r and Sonic '06.

Driv3r came out on June 21, 2004, I believe I got it within a week of launch day. Its Metacritic score is 57, which isn't awful, but it is below the average game (about 70). Having grown up with Driver 1 and 2, I was looking forward to 3. I saw some of the reviews at 3, 4, and 5 out of 10 and thought the reviewers were crazy. I really enjoyed Driv3r and played it frequently until GTA IV came out four years later. Yeah, it had a lot of glitches and bugs and was months from being complete, but it looked good and the cars crashed good for the time. Maybe it's because I was 11 when I got it, but I don't think that Driv3r deserves the hate it gets. It's certainly not a masterpiece and it hasn't aged well. But I'd call it a solid C grade game. At least it's easy to pick up and play, and is fun in short bursts.

Sonic '06, on the other hand, did worse on Metacritic with a score of 46. But this game deserves to be A LOT more than 11 points below Driv3r. On top of its own fair share of bugs and glitches, Sonic '06 is set in this vaguely Italian town called Soleanna. You have to perform tedious tasks like finding some kid's dog before you can go into the actual Sonic-like stages. I don't do tedium, especially in a Sonic game. Sonic's supposed to be easy to pick up and play. Another major flaw that if you die during the first level, you're sent back to the opening cut scene and have to go through the whole Soleanna section again. Add to that a craptastic story and you've got a game that may have gotten a 46 on Metacritic but probably deserves more like a 25.

Here's the difference: Underneath all of its bugs and glitches, Driv3r is still fun to play. Sonic '06 is just a pain to play.

A bit off-topic: I got Duke Nukem Forever on December 10, 2011 for only $4.98 . That's right, less than 5 bucks for a game that had launched 6 months earlier at $60. Never played it, but at the price, I just wanted it for the collection. I hear it's pretty bad. Probably slightly better than Sonic '06 though.