Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Holy schnikes! I was finally able to make high-quality scans of all the Supervision cartridge label variations that I own. Are you ready for a heaping helping of bad artwork? Then you've come to the right place.

Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi for suggesting an effective way to scan the uniquely shaped (inconveniently humped!) cartridges: by laying them over the edge of an 0.93 inch sheet of acrylic. I had to use a Canon 5600F scanner to get sharp, clear images, as my Epson Perfection V39 has a severe case of nearsightedness.
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bought a blister pack version of the QuickShot Supervision online, kindly asked the seller to please protect the cardstock insert against potential shipping damage. So of course, the guy crams the thing into a box an inch too short, and the insert gets bent. Well, whatever. I could still get a scan. And now, that scan is online. I also updated the grey box scans to include the Block Buster & Cross High 2-in-1. Enjoy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

All righty then! The page for the single-game cartridge version of Cross High actually has some content on it now, but don't get excited 'cuz it's just some screenshots and a note about the (non-)ending.

While preparing this stuff, I've been listening to the soundtrack of the far superior Motocross Maniacs for the Game Boy: the game Cross High poorly ripped off. Irony? Or just common sense? Maybe a little bit of both.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I had a hinged version from 2009-2012 that I bought just to try out and had 3 games. I looked at it as kind of like Game Boy but the games less memorable. You can emulate Supervision in MESS but last time I tried I had an old computer and it didn't run very well. I don't really get the new version of MAME and how it's supposed to be integrated with MESS so I just use old versions of MESS for the odd systems that don't have their own good emulator.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    I had a hinged version from 2009-2012 that I bought just to try out and had 3 games. I looked at it as kind of like Game Boy but the games less memorable. You can emulate Supervision in MESS but last time I tried I had an old computer and it didn't run very well. I don't really get the new version of MAME and how it's supposed to be integrated with MESS so I just use old versions of MESS for the odd systems that don't have their own good emulator.
    I recommend Wataroo, the best SuperVision emulator around:
    http://www.tailchao.com/Wataroo/index.php

If you'd like to play Supervision on a portable machine, Potator on PSP is cool too! (at the least, the screen is way superior than an actual Supervision )
    Download ROMs of my games: https://drludos.itch.io/
    Support my work and get access to betas and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I'm surprised it's already been over a year since I replied in this thread. I still have the same two boxed games and haven't had anyone interested in them. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Recent site updates...

• November 30, 2019:
    The game instructions archive on the scans page was updated to include Italian language instructions for 2-in-1: Block Buster / Cross High, Delta Hero, Space Fighter, and Super Block. Not exciting enough for ya? Well, keep your eyes peeled 'cuz I've got a few blister pack insert scans coming along shortly.

• December 5, 2019:
    Surprise!! I'm back with more blister pack inserts, as promised. So... it's not really a surprise. Anyway! You get 2-in-1: Block Buster / Cross High, and Soccer Champion. Soccer Champion's instructions have also been added, in English and Italian. Urrą! Soccer Champion had proven a tough one to find complete. And 2-in-1: Block Buster / Cross High, I noticed, was imported by a firm named Cammarota S.R.L., instead of the more familiar Watary Italia. Curious!