Thread: Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast episodes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast episodes

Hey guys! About three months ago I decided to create a podcast where I would talk about my experiences with arcade games, the various arcades I went to when I was young as well as the places I go today, and anything else that comes to mind.

I am going to post show descriptions here, and in those descriptions you can find the various ways to listen and download the podcast, if you're so inclined.

Thank you in advance for listening, and I hope that you like it!
    AKA DM Brian, Thaco's Hammer 2nd Edition AD&D Podcast. www.thacoshammer.info

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 0 - Who I am, And What This Is

This is the introductory episode of Confessions of an Arcade Addict. This episode explains who I am and why I am doing this, break down the segments, and gives you, the listener, ways to contact and be a part of the show.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.com/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 1 - Dude, You're Invading My Space!

Welcome to the first episode of the podcast! In this episode, Brian touches on the arcades he grew up with, delves in a video game strategy book he used back in the day, and talks about Space Invaders, and the impact that it had.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.com/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Arcade Rundown - Arcades Growing Up in Connecticut
    Time to Use Some Stragedy - How to Master The Video Games, by Tom Hirschfeld
    Are You Experienced? - Space Invaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 2 - It All Began At The Mall...

Welcome to Episode #2! In this episode, Brian talks about his favorite ten arcade games from 1976 to 1978, regales a story about when he first found the arcade in his local mall, goes in-depth about the game Asteroids and his experiences with it, and then wraps up with his thoughts about an arcade run he made last year.

Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1976-1978
    Story Time - The day I discovered my local mall had an arcade!
    Are You Experienced? - Asteroids
    On The Road - Arcade Run, December 18th, 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 3 - Cool Kids Never Have The Time...

Welcome to Episode #3! Join Brian as he talks about two of his favorite mall arcades, then he does a rundown on his favorite games from 1979, then he reminisces about Pac-Man, and brings things to a close with a review on one of his currently local arcades.

Arcade Rundown - Trumbull Mall Arcade/Lafayette Plaza Arcade
    Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1979
    Are You Experienced? - Pac-Man
    Arcade Review - Pinball Pete's, Ann Arbor

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Do you realize that the many links across your multiple accounts / Web pages are wrong as you are linking to anchor.com instead of the actual domain name of anchor.fm?

And the show is too quiet - the volume is about 4 decibels lower than the volume of the other podcasts to which I listen.
    Last edited by Nz17; 11-04-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still working on the kinks, it will get better.

As to the sound, most of the time I am recording while my son is asleep, so I have to modulate my voice. I will keep that in mind for when I am editing in the future, however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 4 - A New Hope

Welcome to Episode 4 (Sorry, I just could not resist)!
    Join Brian as he breaks down a pivotal year in arcade gaming in his Top Tens, talks about the game Defender, and wraps up with some thoughts from the road.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.fm/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1980
    Are You Experienced? - Defender
    On The Road - Arcade Run, November 17th, 2017