Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast episodes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast episodes

Hey guys! About three months ago I decided to create a podcast where I would talk about my experiences with arcade games, the various arcades I went to when I was young as well as the places I go today, and anything else that comes to mind.

I am going to post show descriptions here, and in those descriptions you can find the various ways to listen and download the podcast, if you're so inclined.

Thank you in advance for listening, and I hope that you like it!
    AKA DM Brian, Thaco's Hammer 2nd Edition AD&D Podcast. www.thacoshammer.info

Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast, host, executive producer. http://www.anchor.fm/coaa

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 0 - Who I am, And What This Is

This is the introductory episode of Confessions of an Arcade Addict. This episode explains who I am and why I am doing this, break down the segments, and gives you, the listener, ways to contact and be a part of the show.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.com/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast, host, executive producer. http://www.anchor.fm/coaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 1 - Dude, You're Invading My Space!

Welcome to the first episode of the podcast! In this episode, Brian touches on the arcades he grew up with, delves in a video game strategy book he used back in the day, and talks about Space Invaders, and the impact that it had.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.com/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Arcade Rundown - Arcades Growing Up in Connecticut
    Time to Use Some Stragedy - How to Master The Video Games, by Tom Hirschfeld
    Are You Experienced? - Space Invaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 2 - It All Began At The Mall...

Welcome to Episode #2! In this episode, Brian talks about his favorite ten arcade games from 1976 to 1978, regales a story about when he first found the arcade in his local mall, goes in-depth about the game Asteroids and his experiences with it, and then wraps up with his thoughts about an arcade run he made last year.

Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1976-1978
    Story Time - The day I discovered my local mall had an arcade!
    Are You Experienced? - Asteroids
    On The Road - Arcade Run, December 18th, 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 3 - Cool Kids Never Have The Time...

Welcome to Episode #3! Join Brian as he talks about two of his favorite mall arcades, then he does a rundown on his favorite games from 1979, then he reminisces about Pac-Man, and brings things to a close with a review on one of his currently local arcades.

Arcade Rundown - Trumbull Mall Arcade/Lafayette Plaza Arcade
    Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1979
    Are You Experienced? - Pac-Man
    Arcade Review - Pinball Pete's, Ann Arbor

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Do you realize that the many links across your multiple accounts / Web pages are wrong as you are linking to anchor.com instead of the actual domain name of anchor.fm?

And the show is too quiet - the volume is about 4 decibels lower than the volume of the other podcasts to which I listen.
    Last edited by Nz17; 11-04-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still working on the kinks, it will get better.

As to the sound, most of the time I am recording while my son is asleep, so I have to modulate my voice. I will keep that in mind for when I am editing in the future, however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 4 - A New Hope

Welcome to Episode 4 (Sorry, I just could not resist)!
    Join Brian as he breaks down a pivotal year in arcade gaming in his Top Tens, talks about the game Defender, and wraps up with some thoughts from the road.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.fm/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1980
    Are You Experienced? - Defender
    On The Road - Arcade Run, November 17th, 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 5 - Twice the Firepower, But Twice The Size

Welcome to Episode #5! Join Brian as he talks about two seminal arcades in his hometown, and does a full breakdown of the classic game Galaga!

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.fm/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Arcade Rundown - Spanky's/Wizard's in Bridgeport
    Are You Experienced? - Galaga
    Time To Use Some Stragety - Galaga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 6 - When The Circus Came To Town...

Welcome to Episode #6! Join Brian as he shares his memories of the Midway coming to his town when he was a kid, then does a complete breakdown of the Atari 2600, including a story of when he got his system in 1981. From there he talks about Ms. Pac-Man, and brings things to a close with a segment from the road about games rooms versus arcades.

Arcade Rundown - The James E. Strates Shows (The Midway)
    Home Systems - Atari 2600
    Story Time - Christmas 1981
    On The Road - Game Rooms vs. Arcades

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I listened to at least 1/2 an hour of it. Pretty interesting. Not my era and I grew up in the Midwest but still interesting to listen to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode #7 - You're Still Playing That???!

Welcome to Episode #7! Join Brian as has his first correspondence to the show, and then talks about another area where there were arcades aplenty back in the day, breaks down another Top Ten list, reminisces about the game Tempest, and bring things to a close another segment from the road.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.fm/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). If you wish to support the show, make sure to tell a friend! Also, if you wish to support the show directly, you can donate to the show at anchor.fm/coaa/support. Hope to hear from you soon!

Voicemail from Orbital Albert

Arcade Rundown – The Milford Area (CT Post Arcade, Milford Recreation, Gompers, Showcase Cinemas)
    Top Tens – Top Ten Games of 1981
    Are You Experienced? – Tempest
    One The Road – Arcade Run, November 27th, 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode #8 - Steep Learning Curve!

Welcome to Episode #8! Join Brian as he brings you another episode of classic arcade gaming goodness! First he starts off with top ten list of games from 1982, then he goes on to a game that he was intimidated by, Robotron. Then he gives an honest review of his “home base” arcade growing up, then closes the show with a segment from the road.
    Top Tens – Arcade Games of 1982
    Are You Experienced? – Robotron
    Arcade Review – Trumbull Mall Arcade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 9 – How High Can You Get?

Welcome to Episode #9!, In this (kind of) short episode, Brian talks about Arnie’s Place, an arcade in Westport, CT, reminisces about Donkey Kong and the Atari 5200. Enjoy!

Arcade Rundown – Arnie’s Place

Are You Experienced? – Donkey Kong

Home Systems – Atari 5200

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 10 - Feeding The Beast...

Welcome to Episode #10! In this episode, Brian talks about a locally owned video store that was crucial to his love of video games, counts down his top ten games from 1983, breaks down a day in the midst of his teenage arcade addiction, and reviews a strategy guide that was very important to him back in the day. Enjoy!

Arcade Rundown – The Video Connection
    Top Tens – Arcade Games of 1983
    Story Time – A Day In The Life of an Arcade Addict
    Time For Some Stragety – Score! How to beat the top 16 video games, by Ken Uston

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I once unlocked the back of a Space Invaders, crawled inside, and fondled the wires.

Oops wrong thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 11 – When I Leave, I Don’t Know What I’m Hoping To Find...

Welcome to Episode #11! In this episode, Brian tells the story about the changes in his life and moving to Florida, gives a rundown on the arcades in Melbourne, Palm Bay and Orlando, Florida, talks about the classic Star Wars arcade game, and wraps things up with a short segment from the road. Enjoy!

Voicemail from Mike Stewart: Aladdin’s Castle

Story Time – Moving to Florida
    Arcade Rundown – Arcades in Florida that I used to go to
    Are You Experienced? – Star Wars
    On The Road – Arcade Run, July 18th, 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 12 - Intelligent Television!

Welcome to Episode #12! In this episode, Brian breaks down his top tens from 1984, gives strategy tips for one of his favorite arcade games, reviews one of his childhood arcades, and talks about the Intellivision home system.

Top Tens – Arcade Games of 1984
    Time For Some Stragety – Karate Champ
    Arcade Review – Lafayette Plaza Arcade
    Home Systems – Intellivision

https://anchor.fm/coaa/episodes/Epis...evision-e4bvag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 13 – How Brian Got His Groove Back

Welcome to Episode 13! In this episode, Brian answers a voicemail, gives a rundown of the arcades he frequented when he lived in Orlando, Florida, breaks down the boxing game Punch-Out!, and wraps things up with some thoughts after an arcade run. Enjoy!

https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e4i9u6

Voicemail From Mike Stewart – Video Game/Pinball Combos Machines

Arcade Rundown – The Fun Machine/Rocky’s Replay
    Are You Experienced? – Punch-Out!
    On The Road – Arcade Run, August 12th, 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 14 – Right Hook!

Welcome to Episode #14! In this episode, Brian breaks down another set of top tens, tells a rather embarrassing story from his arcade/mall rat days, goes in depth on the game Super Punch-Out, and brings it home with another review of an arcade from his childhood.

Top Tens – Arcade Games of 1985
    Story Time – My Arcade Nickname
    Are You Experienced? – Super Punch-Out
    Arcade Review – Spanky’s Arcade