Thread: Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast episodes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast episodes

Hey guys! About three months ago I decided to create a podcast where I would talk about my experiences with arcade games, the various arcades I went to when I was young as well as the places I go today, and anything else that comes to mind.

I am going to post show descriptions here, and in those descriptions you can find the various ways to listen and download the podcast, if you're so inclined.

Thank you in advance for listening, and I hope that you like it!
    AKA DM Brian, Thaco's Hammer 2nd Edition AD&D Podcast. www.thacoshammer.info

Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast, host, executive producer. http://www.anchor.fm/coaa

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 0 - Who I am, And What This Is

This is the introductory episode of Confessions of an Arcade Addict. This episode explains who I am and why I am doing this, break down the segments, and gives you, the listener, ways to contact and be a part of the show.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.com/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast, host, executive producer. http://www.anchor.fm/coaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 1 - Dude, You're Invading My Space!

Welcome to the first episode of the podcast! In this episode, Brian touches on the arcades he grew up with, delves in a video game strategy book he used back in the day, and talks about Space Invaders, and the impact that it had.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.com/coaa, and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Arcade Rundown - Arcades Growing Up in Connecticut
    Time to Use Some Stragedy - How to Master The Video Games, by Tom Hirschfeld
    Are You Experienced? - Space Invaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 2 - It All Began At The Mall...

Welcome to Episode #2! In this episode, Brian talks about his favorite ten arcade games from 1976 to 1978, regales a story about when he first found the arcade in his local mall, goes in-depth about the game Asteroids and his experiences with it, and then wraps up with his thoughts about an arcade run he made last year.

Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1976-1978
    Story Time - The day I discovered my local mall had an arcade!
    Are You Experienced? - Asteroids
    On The Road - Arcade Run, December 18th, 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 3 - Cool Kids Never Have The Time...

Welcome to Episode #3! Join Brian as he talks about two of his favorite mall arcades, then he does a rundown on his favorite games from 1979, then he reminisces about Pac-Man, and brings things to a close with a review on one of his currently local arcades.

Arcade Rundown - Trumbull Mall Arcade/Lafayette Plaza Arcade
    Top Tens - Top Ten Arcade Games from 1979
    Are You Experienced? - Pac-Man
    Arcade Review - Pinball Pete's, Ann Arbor

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Do you realize that the many links across your multiple accounts / Web pages are wrong as you are linking to anchor.com instead of the actual domain name of anchor.fm?

And the show is too quiet - the volume is about 4 decibels lower than the volume of the other podcasts to which I listen.
    Last edited by Nz17; 11-04-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The link to your podcast is wrong in literally EVERY post you've made.

The anchor link. It's supposed to be .fm, right? Not .com.

Are you ever going to correct it, or like, do you NOT want anyone to be able to find your show? 🤔
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 09-02-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easy, chief... its because of the comma. That's what I get for using proper grammar and stuff.

It's fixed in future posts.
    Last edited by Rendclaw; 09-15-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rendclaw View Post
    Easy, chief... its because of the comma. That's what I get for using proper grammar and stuff.

It's fixed in future posts.
    I think he means in your signature. That link is broken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 16 - Wilt Chamberlain Ain't Got Nothin' On Me!

Welcome to Episode #16! In this episode, Brian breaks down another Top Ten, goes into a full court press on one of his favorite basketball games of all time, and shares some thoughts from the road.

The Show’s homepage is at anchor.fm/coaa and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian) and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Top Tens – Arcade Games of 1986
    Are You Experienced? – Double Dribble
    Time For Some Stragety – Double Dribble
    On The Road – September 21st, 2018 (Dreams of owning an arcade)

Voicemail from Mike Stewart (Colecovision)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah, the one in his signature, and it still is. 😶

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fixed. And now for something completely different...

Episode 17 - And When I Leave, I Don't Know What I'm Leaving Behind..

Welcome to Episode #17! In this one, Brian recalls when he moved to his current home state, briefly breaks down the few arcades that he found there, gives a full rundown on the game Phoenix, and talks about another arcade run.

https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e7a19c

The Show’s homepage is at www.anchor.fm/coaa and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian), Twitter (@ArcadeAddict_B), and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Email from Anuj Agarwal (making the top 15 arcade podcasts list on feedspot.com)

Email From Mark Ross (The Ross Arcade)

Story Time – Moving to Michigan

Arcade Rundown – Arcades When I Moved To Michigan

Are You Experienced? – Phoenix

Time For Some Stragety – Phoenix

On The Road – Arcade Run, September 23rd, 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 18 - A Great Home Computer, But A Better Game Machine!

Welcome to Episode #18! In This episode, Brian breaks down another Top Ten, gives tips and strategies on the classic game Defender, reviews another arcade from his childhood, and gives his thoughts on the best-selling computer of all time, the Commodore 64.

The Show’s homepage is at www.anchor.fm/coaa and can be found where you download podcasts, including iTunes. If you would like to contact the show, you can send an email at arcadeaddictbrian@gmail.com or you can leave a voicemail to the show at 734-743-2433. The show also has a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/arcadeaddictbrian), and is also on Instagram (@arcadeaddictbrian), Twitter (@ArcadeAddict_B), and Tumblr (confessionsofanarcadeaddict.tumblr.com). Hope to hear from you soon!

Top Tens – Arcade Game of 1987
    Time For Some Stragedy – Defender
    Arcade Review – Connecticut Post Mall Arcade
    Home Systems – Commodore 64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 19 - You Spent HOW much??!?

Welcome to Episode #19! In this episode, Brian gives a rundown on a local arcade he has been frequenting for the past 16 years, tells a rather embarrassing story from his teenage years, and expresses his experiences and strategies for the classic arcade game, Vanguard.

And a shout out to Benjamin Broedel for being the first donator to the podcast! Thank you very, VERY much, and you will certainly get a mention when I record Episode 20!

Arcade Rundown - Pinball Pete's

Story Time - Christmas 1982 (aka The Binge)

Are You Experienced? - Vanguard

Time For Some Stragety - Vanguard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Episode 20 – Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!

Welcome to Episode 20! In this episode, Brian breaks down another top ten, reminisces about the game Berzerk then gives tips on the game, and then closes out with his thoughts (and rant) about the Atari 7800. Happy Holidays!!!

Top Tens – Arcade Games from 1988
    Are You Experienced? – Berzerk
    Time For Some Stragedy – Berserk
    Home Systems – Atari 7800
    http://anchor.fm/coaa/episodes/Episo...r-Alert-e9puv9