Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prima Games shutting down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Consumer consumption habits have changed a lot in this decade. Now people prefer watching another person play the game over playing it themselves but the games actually are very user friendly and easier to play. The strategy guide consumer has always had the choice of getting that information for free, maybe those consumers no longer play video games and new customers spend their money on more important stuff.

I have only bought a few guides as a collector item and only 2 with the purpose of reading it after finishing my first run: Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I had to buy the Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls because I loved the game and obviously felt that I left many mysteries on the first play, the game deserved a strategy guide and I enjoyed reading it and getting all that missing information that I maybe had never got to discover it by myself.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

One thing I'll really miss now that pro guides are dying out is game maps. If you just watch somebody else playing, you'll only see whatever the game will show you at any given time. If you search a game on GameFAQs, you either don't get maps at all or they're often lacking. I remember buying the Super Mario Sunshine guide specifically to get some decent maps. I was working toward getting all 120 shines, and I only had a handful of blue coins left to find. Trying to get that info from GameFAQs was getting me nowhere, so I bought the guide, and in no time I found what I was missing. I can't even imagine how much time I would waste on videos if I was trying to get the info that way.