Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What modern games will be collectible in the future?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    If anybody in this topic had said anything remotely like that, then, sure, go ahead and call them an elitist.
    Well that's pretty much what you said. People who just focus on buying and owning games they like playing aren't collectors, they're just regular gamers. You're not a collector unless you buy stuff beyond "stuff I like to play".

People who buy any random games on any random systems just based on what looks appealing to them generally don't regard themselves as collectors. They're just regular gamers. Collectors have some sort of framework behind what they're looking to buy beyond "stuff I like to play".

There's nothing wrong with people who collect full sets, rare games, hardware variants, etc. Those are the kinds of people that this forum was made by and for.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

People who buy any random games on any random systems just based on what looks appealing to them generally don't regard themselves as collectors.
    I never said collectors can't enjoy what they collect, nor did I ever say I would dictate who can and can't identify as a collector. If somebody owns five games and still wants to identify as a collector, that's no skin off my nose.
    You guys can keep pushing your false narrative if you want to conjure up something to be offended about, but the facts are as they stand. I don't care who does or doesn't regard themselves as collectors, nor am I looking down on anyone here. This hobby should be welcoming to all, and generally speaking, there are enough copies of games for everybody, regardless of what they choose to do with them. Yet this topic is loaded with posts looking down on the very sorts of collectors who this forum was created by and for. So really, who's being the elitist here?