Ok so I'm working on this Vectrex & I've tried just about everything & looking for a bit more direction.
So the issue is the Vectors are dull & all condensed to the bottom corner of the screen. They do react with the game but obviously not correctly. Adjusting R333 & R335 don't do much & R302 does a lot. When turned all the way to one side they completely disappear, as you turn it to the other they comeback all collapsed & as adjusting it further they explode & blow up over the whole screen & are super bright then you keep turning it & it completely shuts off. So my next step is replacing this.
I've done a full recap, both the regular caps & the integrator caps. No change.
I have another working Vectrex & started swapping out parts. I swapped in the working power board, no change, swapped the transformer, no change, but when I swap the CPU board the problem is corrected so I know it's on the CPU board. I swapped all the socketed chips to see if it was one of those that went bad & no dice. The only ones I did not swap was the RAM (IC204 & IC205) because they are socketed on one board set & not the other, I did switch them on the problem board but no change. I also did not swap IC202 or IC203 I know those usually have to do with cartridge reading as well. As I type this I don't recall ever trying a cartridge in there, which I will tomorrow. I also did not swap the CPU at IC206.