Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default 2019 Yearly Finds

Wow...2019 already & here are my recent find. Happy Hunting everyone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9824.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	10603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9794.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	10604

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

damn some one beat me to it again. i need to post my black friday, xmas, secret santa finds still

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I actually found something worth posting. I also had a 30% off coupon which helped. I'm not sure about current value though, especially for a complete copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i dont know about $1500 but probably a bit more than $40 before coupon...

https://gamevaluenow.com/atari-2600/...ter?gameid=385

isnt even listed on price charting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i dont know about $1500 but probably a bit more than $40 before coupon...

https://gamevaluenow.com/atari-2600/...ter?gameid=385

isnt even listed on price charting
    Thanks for that link. It is a bit hard to find info on it, it's not listed properly here on the DP guide either. It is on Atari Age listed as an R9 which is why I thought I should get it. Usually I try to stick to $5 tops for any game purchase as that's my personal comfort zone, but I make exceptions when I obviously should. At least now I do. It's been ages since I've found any game stuff remotely as good/interesting as this game.

https://atariage.com/software_page.p...reLabelID=2707

That original ebay listing for a complete copy shows a listing of $1999.99 but it sold with a best offer option, I guess it could have been sold at $1500.00 though I can't exactly find conclusive proof to confirm the amount. A photo of it is still available to see on watchcount, but the best offer price still can't be found from it. It used to be possible to find the actual best offer prices before ebay made some changes to their site.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-...-/252563998955
    http://www.watchcount.com/?cc=US&uqs...55&uqcat=#serp

I did manage to find this yesterday, priced at $4.99 and I used a $2 off coupon. It's complete with inserts. Out of two large stacks of DS games it was the only game really worth getting. I'm surprised I even found this so soon as it's been mediocre for games for the longest time. Usually just terrible trash games or common titles priced more than they're worth, or just recent gen games that I have no real interest in. I might find the odd controller but usually just broken systems or hookups I don't really need. I mostly find non-game stuff that's still decent. I did pass on a few things today, a loose untested GBA SP with a lousy game for $19.99, a loose PS2 slim that was modded but looked to have coffee spilled all over it(I think for $14.99-$19.99?), and a loose Xbox One controller for $3.99 which was priced well but I can't really test these at home and I assume these to be defective in some way because it seems too current to be donated(maybe I'm paranoid). I'm ignoring all the damaged/overpriced Wii, PS3, PS2, Xbox 360 consoles and hookups that are usually there. Maybe I miss other good stuff because I'm not there the whole day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    That original ebay listing for a complete copy shows a listing of $1999.99 but it sold with a best offer option, I guess it could have been sold at $1500.00 though I can't exactly find conclusive proof to confirm the amount.
    You could try emailing the seller.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    You could try emailing the seller.
    I don't have an ebay account so it won't let me contact the seller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I recently found an Atari 800 cartridge of Demon Attack at a game store for $7.95. Snore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I found this Coleco Pac-Man tabletop in a thrift while on vacation. No battery door (of course), bad stickers, but it was only a dollar. I need to pick up some batteries to give it a go. If it doesn't work, I have one that's got a bad joystick, maybe I can do a salvage on this one. Or turn it into a Raspberry Pi project.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve W For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (01-31-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Shockingly, I found more stuff on vacation. I found another copy of Boing! for the Atari 2600, in the same flea market where I found my old copy a few years ago. It was a dollar. The joystick however cost $15, which doesn't bother me since I've wanted one since seeing it in catalogs back in the day. The joystick is a Milton Bradley Flight Commander joystick (missing the giant target sight on the tip) for the Atari 2600. I've had the pack-in game for it, Spitfire Attack, for years but I always wanted the controller too. I'm happy to have one now, even though it's in really rough shape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I went to a thrift store today and noticed quite a few games behind the counter. There were probably about 10 boxed SNES games but it was really hard to look with customers checking out and all the cashiers were busy so I figured I'd ask about them when we were ready to check out. But of course when we did about 10 minutes later, EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS GONE!!!

I did end up getting Donkey Kong Country Returns(Wii) and Prince of Persia Revelations(PSP) though.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The local Goodwill got a butt-load of donations from Gamestop. Over the week stuff's been trickling out but nothing that sparked my interest. Tonight I picked up Crime Scene, Clubhouse Games (both complete) and Transformers: Autobots (case and game) for DS for a total of $11.

I handed Transformers to my third youngest and he couldn't figure it out but another traded him so he could take a crack at it. At twelve years old he couldn't figure it out. Then I get questions like I mastered it (played it once when it came out).

I'll have to make sure I hit up that Goodwill to see if anything good hits the floor. I did pass up a Minecraft for 3DS for $15 and a Fire Emblem for 3DS (no idea on price) a week ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I don't have an ebay account so it won't let me contact the seller.
    if you follow that link i posted it shows the ended ebay listing now as well as a loose sold copy too.
    i guess i'll have to keep an eye out for these

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    if you follow that link i posted it shows the ended ebay listing now as well as a loose sold copy too.
    i guess i'll have to keep an eye out for these
    The site from your link shows the complete game sold for $1500, and going to the actual source ebay link shows the game as sold for $1999.00. I would have to trust that this site actually recorded the best offer amount properly, from that ebay link I can only see the original buy-it-now pricing of $1999.00 as they don't display the best offer prices. Ebay used to show the actual sold pricing for best offers but only if viewed through another country's site, it's since been changed so I can't do that anymore. So it might have sold for $1500 or maybe not, also assuming that the buyer actually followed through on the payment and didn't request a partial refund later or any funny business.

It's also difficult to know current pricing as pricing can change over several years and there's very few examples of recent pricing for this condition. I'll have to decide if I want to keep it for myself, possibly sell it, or possibly trade it for several rare games that I've actively been looking for. Four figures would certainly be nice.

I have found a few other things recently but haven't got around to taking pictures, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort for the other stuff. I'll see if I get around to posting it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bought a PS4 and have been on the hunt for software, so far:

FFXII Steelbook Edition : 15 usd
    Okami HD: 10 usd
    Black Clover: 15 usd
    Yakuza 0: 30usd
    Yakuza Kiwami: 25 usd NIB Steelbook

Loving the PS4
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A few more finds from the past 2 weekends:

Muramasa - Vita - NIB: 25usd
    Xbox component video cable - xbox fat - used - 10 usd
    Vandal Hearts - PS1 - Box and disc - 18 usd
    AC: Happy Home Designer - 3DS - NIB - 3 usd
    Yakuza 4 with dlc card - ps3 - CIB - 15 usd
    Rolling thunder - genesis - box and cart - 15 usd
    PSOne Controller Red - PS1 - used - 10 usd

Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Happy April 1. My first free pickup of the day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	10611

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ScourDX For This Useful Post:

Slate (09-06-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

lets see...picked up a pound cable for original xbox...29.99..., just got resident evil 2 remake on xbox one 39.99...had some fair luck at a local pawn shop coupke months ago...got 2 gameboy colors and some games for about $40. highlights include battletoads and ducktales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yard sale season is starting up again. Went out today and found Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $5.

Also found a bag of Disney Infinity stuff that the wife is now playing with the kids...after not touching it for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Got myself another Nintendo Wii, bought at a Salvation Army store for $9.99. Shockingly it works, I have two others but neither have working disc drives. This one seemed to be owned by an actual adult who didn't drop it on concrete all the time like kids seem to do.

Couldn't find any of the handful of Wii games I own, so went out to a used game/movie store today and bought a dozen titles that looked the least "kiddie". House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Rygar, Cruis'n, Heatseeker, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Ghost Squad, The Conduit, Battle Rage, Brunswick Zone Cosmic Bowling, Counter Force, Heavenly Guardian, Dragon Blade; Wrath of Fire, and Ocean Commander. They were between $3.99 and $6.99 except for House of the Dead which was $14.99. Pretty slim pickings as far as non-childish games goes for the Wii.

I also picked up a loose Atari 2600 cartridge, Sea Hunt by Froggo, for $9.99.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve W For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (04-08-2019)