Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Steam
    Maruko Tenada

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Got myself another Nintendo Wii, bought at a Salvation Army store for $9.99. Shockingly it works, I have two others but neither have working disc drives. This one seemed to be owned by an actual adult who didn't drop it on concrete all the time like kids seem to do.

Couldn't find any of the handful of Wii games I own, so went out to a used game/movie store today and bought a dozen titles that looked the least "kiddie". House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Rygar, Cruis'n, Heatseeker, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Ghost Squad, The Conduit, Battle Rage, Brunswick Zone Cosmic Bowling, Counter Force, Heavenly Guardian, Dragon Blade; Wrath of Fire, and Ocean Commander. They were between $3.99 and $6.99 except for House of the Dead which was $14.99. Pretty slim pickings as far as non-childish games goes for the Wii.

I also picked up a loose Atari 2600 cartridge, Sea Hunt by Froggo, for $9.99.
    I recently found Rygar for PS2 and was surprised by that. Are you telling me there's one for the Wii too?

If you want to try to get the Wii drives working... sometimes it's a simple as replacing a belt. If you have questions, hit me up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkenyon2 View Post
    If you want to try to get the Wii drives working... sometimes it's a simple as replacing a belt. If you have questions, hit me up.
    The first used Wii I bought had the disc drive problem, so I found a three-part YouTube video on how to fix it, took the console apart, and couldn't get the next video to load. Turns out near the end of the video my modem took a power spike and died, it was a month before I ended up with a replacement. By the time I got my internet back I had given up on that console. I only spent maybe $8 on that Wii, it's too much frustration to bother with.

Strawberry (Level 2) AdamAnt316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

My finds as of late have been a bit slow. However, I did manage a pretty good score last month in the form of an RCA Studio II, with its original box, and three games. The system itself seems to be complete, including the cool molded styrofoam packing material, as well as paperwork. The games are similarly complete, with boxes and manuals. Should make for an excellent addition to the "Hall o' Fail" if/when I ever get my museum up and running:

In addition, I attended a local flea market today, and picked up both an Atari Flashback 2 and an original 'fat' PlayStation 3, both without cables. I haven't taken a picture of the Flashback 2 yet, but the PS3 looks to be in fairly good shape overall, if not likely to be the version with all the backwards compatibility (only has two USB ports on the front). Still think I probably did pretty good for $5:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdamAnt316 For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (04-15-2019), Slate (11-13-2019), Steve W (04-21-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to Midwest Gaming Classic last weekend and was able to pick up a few wants:

Vita: Metal Gear Solid Collection (case and card) $25
    DS: Metroid Prime Hunters (complete) $15
    3DS The Legend of Zelda: OoT T-Shirt $15
    Original Xbox controller Type S $5 (bought untested but works!)

That Saturday I stopped at a store in my daughter's home city to find Pac-Man plush for my son. There I found GTA:Liberty City Stories for PSP, which was on my list and I had store credit. So that got snapped up.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Bought Gradius 3 last week for $20 mostly out of guilt since I always come in there, talk to the manager and never buy anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
    My finds as of late have been a bit slow. However, I did manage a pretty good score last month in the form of an RCA Studio II, with its original box, and three games. The system itself seems to be complete, including the cool molded styrofoam packing material, as well as paperwork. The games are similarly complete, with boxes and manuals. Should make for an excellent addition to the "Hall o' Fail" if/when I ever get my museum up and running:
    Wow. It's amazing to think that somebody was still holding on to a boxed RCA Studio II after all this time, and it didn't end up in a trash can. I'm totally jealous. It's one of the few pre-crash consoles I don't have (that and an original Odyssey). It's great that it's going to somebody who will treasure it rather than ending up in a landfill.

Now that I have a working Wii console and the desire to collect for it I've ended up buying around 40 games for it altogether. It's pretty easy to buy for since all the stores with Wii games keep having "buy 2 get 1 free" sales around Easter, and a lot of the games are under $5, and the shelves aren't stripped of any good games like the GameCube sections of game stores lately.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

I've been hunting for Spitfire Attack for forever Glad a copy got paired with the controller though. I got the controller at a yard sale like 5 years ago and still haven't ran into SA in the wild. I avoid ebay for the thrill of the hunt.

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Genjackson For This Useful Post:

Steve W (04-27-2019)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

I bought Tecmo Baseball and Bases Loaded 2 for the NES the other day. Commons yes, but they were also a milestone as I just hit 300 NES games

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Steam
    Maruko Tenada

Picked up an extra Wii (cables and 2 wii-motes included) for $5, and a SNES Classic CIB for $45 today!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genjackson View Post
    I've been hunting for Spitfire Attack for forever Glad a copy got paired with the controller though. I got the controller at a yard sale like 5 years ago and still haven't ran into SA in the wild. I avoid ebay for the thrill of the hunt.
    If you ever find yourself in the Shreveport, Louisiana area you can go to the Greenwood Flea Market just west of town. In the east side of the building is a lady with a bunch of Atari games, and there's always a copy of Spitfire Attack there. No top label, but the end label's still on. It's been there for years. It's the same flea market I found the controller for that game at, along with all sorts of odds and ends over the years.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Steam
    Maruko Tenada

Here's some of my finds this year. A few of these came from folks on this site, so thanks to BigHab, Koa Zo, Mezmoron and any others I missed. The SNES classic was only $45!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190427_154324~2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	10618
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190427_154339.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	10619

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

saturday is the town wide yardsale i found my DK cocktail a few years go at.
    heres to hoping i find something when i am out n about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ended up buying a loose cartridge for the Commodore 64 of Space Shuttle by Activision for $3.95. I stopped at loads of thrift stores and game stores this week, that's the best thing I came across sadly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went flea market shopping today; it was one of those situations where I drive out pretty far for a flea market, don't find anything, then decide to drive out even farther. I ended up using almost a tank of gas and drove around for 7 hours. Time really got away from me! Didn't find anything at flea markets, but I bought a bunch of Wii games at buy 2 get 1 free sale prices at a few GameXchange stores, about 14 in total. Also bought Kether for the Philips CD-i for $7.95 (A store had CD-i games! They even had 2 of the Zelda "games" and Hotel Mario! I have Hotel Mario already and one of the Zelda "games" so I can't imagine spending over $100 for any of them, but it's still good to see) and a loose Atari 800 cartridge (with a damaged label) of Submarine Commander by Thorn EMI for $12.95.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve W For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (05-13-2019)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Steam
    Maruko Tenada

Tough day of hunting. May hit up some yard sales next weekend. We'll see what we can find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In the town I lived and went to high school in, they had their annual town-wide garage sale. There wasn't much in gaming stuff on opening day and for what there was, I behaved myself. Only game I picked up was Mario Party 8 for Wii complete for $2.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

On Facebook I bought 102 magazines for 45 bucks. Most of them i didnt have already. My doubles pile is getting pretty high

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Steam
    Maruko Tenada

Hmm... @gbpxl what magazines?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkenyon2 View Post
    Hmm... @gbpxl what magazines?
    PSM, EGM, NextGen, Game informer, etc. Late 90s to early 2000s

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For those of you who haven’t seen my post in the “import purchases” thread, I haven’t logged into DP in almost two years!

Here’s my backlog of un-posted finds for that period:

Systems:

Playstation 4 1 TB Model (New)

Game Boy Advance SP Charcoal Colour (Used)

New Games:

Cave Story + (Switch) - Even though I don’t have a Switch console yet, I wanted to grab this while the first print run (with manual & mini OST) was still available.

Code Realize: Future Blessings Limited Edition (Vita) - The only reason I bought it is because apparently there were only 2000 copies of the Vita LE printed.

Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles (Vita)

Collar X Malice (Vita)

Detective Pikachu (3DS)

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker’s Memory (PS4)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) - Got this during last year’s Black Friday sales.

Dust: An Elysian Tail (Limited Run Switch Release) - I have this digitally on my PS4, but I always prefer physical copies when available.

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS)

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS)

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) - I will also be double-dipping for the Switch version, so I can re-play the game in 2D mode.

Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban (GBA)

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4) - I had this preordered for $50.00 (Canadian) since E3 2017!

Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)

Kirby Star Allies (Switch) - A chain of Canadian stores (The Source) had a temporary clearance sale on all their games. So I got this for $29.99 (plus tax)!

The Liar Princess and The Blind Prince (Switch)

The Longest Five Minutes (Switch) - I found a new copy for cheap on Amazon.

Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom (PS4) - While playing through the game, one of music tracks reminded me of the music from an Ys game. When I looked up the composer, I discovered he previously composed tracks for Ys Books I & II!

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Premium Edition (PS4)

Sabrina The Animated Series: Spooked (GBC)

Sega Genesis Classics (PS4)

Shantae and the Pirates Curse (3DS)

Shantae: Risky’s Revenge (Limited Run PS4 Release) - This was the first PS4 game I bought. I found in a small game shop one town over from mine.

Sonic Forces (PS4)

Sonic Mania Plus Japanese Launch Edition (PS4) - I bought this because of the exclusive soundtrack CD.

Tales of Berseria Collector’s Edition (PS4)

Undertale Collector’s Edition (PS4)

Yo-Kai Watch 3 (3DS) - I originally had this preordered, but then I cancelled it after being unimpressed with Yo-Kai Watch 2. However, when I realized the game was actually way better than YW2, I could not find any copies at the MSRP! The only place still selling for a the MSRP was Nintendo’s own online store.

Ys Origin (Limited Run Vita Release)

Ys VIII: The Lacrimosa of Dana Limited Edition (Vita)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) - Like Kirby Star Allies, I got this for $29.99 plus tax. But it was a different retailer, and I suspect it was specific to that one particular store.

Used Games - Complete, unless otherwise noted:

Akiba’s Beat (Vita)

Breath of Fire (GBA, Cart Only)

Crash Bandicoot: The Insane Trilogy (PS4) - These remakes/remasters fix the issues I had with the original game’s save system.

Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (GBA, Cart Only)

Crash Bandicoot: N-Tranced (GBA, Cart Only)

Dragon Warrior III (GBC, Cart Only)

DuckTales 2 (GB, Cart Only)

Harry Potter & The Philosopher’s Stone (GBC, Cart Only)

Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (GBC, Cart Only)

Kid Dracula (GB, Cart Only)

Legacy of Ys: Books I & II (DS)

Mole Mania (GB, Cart Only)

Mother 1+2 English Reproduction (GBA, Cart Only)

Mother 3 English Reproduction Cart (GBA, Cart Only)

Persona 5 Steelbook Edition (PS4)

Pokemon Adventure (GB Pirate, Cart Only) - This is weird Sonic clone starring Pikachu!

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita)

Suikoden (PS1)

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC, Cart Only)

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Spectres (3DS)

Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita) - I bought this from a Craigslist seller, who later became a good friend of mine.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana Premium Edition (PSP)

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PSP)

Ys Seven Premium Edition (PSP)

Used Strategy Guides:

The Art of Ni no Kuni II (Bought New)

Sonic Heroes (Prima)

Tales of Legendia (Bradygames)

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Bradygames)
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 05-14-2019 at 11:18 PM.