Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Beaten in 2019

1) Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance - GCN - 01/05

I don't finish a lot of games these days, but my son and I recently finished Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on GCN. Pretty fun game. He played the archer character (as an archer) and I played the fighter. Archery was pretty clunky. Son was bummed that he leveled up slower, and we thought it was going to be longer, so wasted quite a bit of time deciding on the best stuff to keep and sell, when it turned out we never got the chance to sell again.

Started part 2 yesterday on ps2, and my first impression is that they made some minor improvements that make a big difference. (aiming and map controls for starters)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

1. Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Dancing Museum (N64) 1/7

I don't know if there's a longer mode that may have more of an ending than just credits, but in trying this game and the mat out, I saw the credits roll multiple times over as I played every song available in the regular single-player mode on Normal difficulty. So I'm counting that as beaten. Looking through the manual, I see there are a bunch more songs that can be unlocked, but I'll save that for another day since I was never planning on getting invested in this right now anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post

I don't know if there's a longer mode that may have more of an ending than just credits, but in trying this game and the mat out, I saw the credits roll multiple times over as I played every song available in the regular single-player mode on Normal difficulty. So I'm counting that as beaten. Looking through the manual, I see there are a bunch more songs that can be unlocked, but I'll save that for another day since I was never planning on getting invested in this right now anyway.
    Whoa, I never knew there was a ddr game on n64! That's cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

1. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2) 01/09/19
    2. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (PS2) 03/12/19
    3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (The Nathan Drake Collection) (PS4) 03/20/19
    4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (The Nathan Drake Collection) (PS4) 04/01/19
    Last edited by AceAerosmith; 04-01-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

2) The Last of Us - PS3 - 01/10

This was a great game. I was eager to resume playing whenever possible. I really enjoyed replaying certain sections to do a better job, and yet other times I just got through parts because I wanted to continue the story, and didn't have regrets. I did miss some things that really made me want to re-play at the time, but now that I've finished, I'm just not ready to revisit the bleak. I get that way with bleak shows, too, just have to stop for a while.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

1/15 - Advance Wars regular campaign beaten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

3) Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Switch - 01/16

Fun game. I went through it pretty fast and used a guide. Overall pretty easy, and has me wondering about the SMS game's difficulty, so I'm hooking that up to try shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

1) Tales of Graces f (PS3)

Since I fried my PS3 and 360 (yay old power strips) I'm going through and starting fresh on my PS3 library. This is one still a lot of fun, and having a proper HD screen to look at helps the experience immensely. Far and away my best run, with a lot more stops for all the little extras and secrets that Tales does and actually using the tools and resources somewhat competently now.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Quote Originally Posted by WulfeLuer View Post
    1) Tales of Graces f (PS3)

Since I fried my PS3 and 360 (yay old power strips) I'm going through and starting fresh on my PS3 library. This is one still a lot of fun, and having a proper HD screen to look at helps the experience immensely. Far and away my best run, with a lot more stops for all the little extras and secrets that Tales does and actually using the tools and resources somewhat competently now.
    honestly not much I keep dabling in games like right now these-
    tomb raider's latest games
    call of cthulhu xbox one

but can't find the time to finish them thanks to adulting and much of my gametime is spent on mmos and overwatch with the wife

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phanstar330

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    honestly not much I keep dabling in games like right now these-
    tomb raider's latest games
    call of cthulhu xbox one

but can't find the time to finish them thanks to adulting and much of my gametime is spent on mmos and overwatch with the wife
    I'm in the same boat! I started Undertale but then drifted off. Started Luigies Mansion on GCN, Started Thimbleweed Park. Haven't stuck with anything.

If you consider beating a game making the credits roll then I beat Tamodachi Life in 19 so far. That's it. I better get gaming.

Does anyone know if Zombiiu is easy to beat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

4) Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - GCN - 02/13

I don't think I've ever really played a tactical RPG. It was pretty fun. I played on Normal difficulty, but kind of wished I played Hard. Then again, I really felt compelled to do the battles 'perfectly' (not really, I know it goes way deeper than I really care to venture), and restarted some due to stupid mistakes that didn't really matter, so on Hard that might have been even worse. Anyway, thumbs up. Pretty sure I have the Wii sequel, so I'll probably play that next. Plus my son likes watching and contributing, because he remembers a lot of details about stats and movement that I sometimes overlook.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

2. Magic Knight Rayearth (GB) 2/21

Having heard how short this game is, I decided to start it up in earnest. I began yesterday and had it polished off early today, so I'm sure it only amounted to a few hours. I've beaten some very short RPGs that only took me around 10-12 hours, but this one takes the crown for the shortest RPG I've beaten. But it's a very simple, basic game, so the length appropriately suits the level of depth. Any more and it would've worn out its welcome. As a Rayearth fan, I enjoyed it for what it is, and it's nice to have another beaten game under my belt despite barely having time to play lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

1. Tales of Graces f (PS3)
    2. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)

Now that is a proper time-eater there! It's not perfect; has lots of little bugs that can get very irritating (including one that renders the main quest unplayable if you don't know about it) and has some of the usual open-world RPG issues. But damn if isn't still a fun ride. A lot of the concepts were pretty refreshing, the combat was rewarding, and abilities tended to synergize very well without having to min-max. It's a shame that the dev decided to do the corporate two-step and destroyed themselves.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

4) Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - GCN - 02/13
    5) Star Wars: Battlefront II - PS2 - 04/01

Not sure when we finished this one, forgot to log it, but my son and I played through all of the story and most of a couple of the other modes. Great game, I'm sure I played it when it came out, but on PC(?). I remember playing a ton of online multiplayer with a friend, but don't remember the story mode at all. Maybe it was just the first that I played.

5) Borderlands GOTY Enhanced - PC - 05/05

I've always really enjoyed the Borderlands games. Loot and fun characters does it for me. I'm not good at FPS games, but Borderlands is pretty easy. Pretty cool that they released this 'Enhanced' version, for free, at that (if you already owned the original on Steam), but I had some struggles to play it. First, it always wanted to select my Mobo's graphics, then it wouldn't launch until I renamed some random DLL, and after that I could play just fine, but only for 30-60(?) minutes before it would start to stutter, getting gradually worse until it became unplayable. Never found a fix for that. Fortunately it can be played in chunks like that pretty easily, except for the DLC, which don't have any fast travel and sometimes have some significant ground to cover. Played a ton of BL before, but never got into the DLC, despite owning them, so it was good to finally play those.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Steam
    Maruko Tenada

Zelda II - NES - 4/28
    Contra - NES - 5/09