So I posted this on a Facebook group:

I am part of an exclusive group that gets discounted Nintendo Switch games. However you can join for free! All you need to do is to make sure that when you buy your Switch games that you mention the discount code, "Wii U." This applies for the following games marked with the Switch icon and is good for a 33% discount or more in some cases! (Note: Games require a Wii U or 3DS to work.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ds_transition/

Switch is 2Port4You!  (This post was only meant in good fun. I hope you enjoyed it!)
But sadly, people can't take a joke, even if it is based on the truth. (Or perhaps I should write, "Especially if it is based on the truth.")

I got only one comment, and it was a damned animated GIF. I hate those goddamned things being used as replies! "I can't be bothered to use words or I don't know how to use them. Have some animated thing instead! Let someone else speak for me." Not only that, but these damned things are labeled as "GIF's" when they aren't even GIF's on these social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter - they are MP4's! (I've got animated GIF's and other images disabled on this forum, so even if you post them, I won't see them.)

So what did the GIF say with its images and words?

Hook + fish. This is bait.
No, it wasn't. It was meant exactly as the words in it say: to be in good fun. That's it, just a reflection of real life with some humor. But no, he couldn't believe someone was being benign and honest, and he couldn't enjoy a little laugh for what it is, instead warning people against my non-existent malicious intent. Thanks for ruining my day, guy.

How many games on the Switch are just ports from another platform? A ton. And a lot of those are by Nintendo itself! As a matter of fact, at least 25 major games are on both Wii U and Switch. And that's not counting the little games and the indie games!

Furthermore, how many games which are identical or nearly identical can be obtained on the Wii U or 3DS for far less than on the Switch? We're talking $60 (Switch, new condition) versus $20 - $40 (3DS and Wii U, new or used condition). You literally can save a lot of money buying for 3DS and/or Wii U instead of Switch. And the savings are even greater when buying the PC version of a game, especially during one of the big holiday sales.

Be a "retro" gamer! Save big bucks! Use that money to buy more games or other nice things!

But how dare I utter such words? Truly they are an affront against the new master! The master is the newness, therefore it is good and only good. Away with you and your old platforms! Speak not against our master with your heresy!

...or something. /shrugs.