Thread: Arcade 1up Atari cabinets on clearance at Target

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Arcade 1up Atari cabinets on clearance at Target

I don't know if other Target stores are clearancing out the other selections of the Arcade 1up game cabinets, but my local Super Target has the Atari version with Asteroids, Lunar Lander, Tempest, and Major Havok knocked down to $174.98. They've only been out less than a year it seems like, I guess they aren't really selling well. Or maybe the other three machines made by the same company have all sold out, leaving them stuck with a bunch of Atari replicas. Or maybe that's all my local Target got.

I really don't have the room for one but I'm still considering picking one up. For that price, I think I can make the room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Are these the same ones that Walmart was selling? Because those were junk. I checked out some of the display models while my kid was playing them, cheap parts that didn't feel like arcade joysticks or buttons at all, artwork that was rubbing right off, etc...

Maybe these aren't the same, and maybe the price is right. I can't really say.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's by the same company. I don't shop at Wal-Mart, so I don't know what those are like. But it's supposed to be by the same company.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

They are bizarrely small and atrociously flimsy. It's most telling that a good deal of discussion has bloomed around upgrading the things in other corners of the internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    They are bizarrely small and atrociously flimsy. It's most telling that a good deal of discussion has bloomed around upgrading the things in other corners of the internet.
    Yes these are the same company as ones being sold in Walmart/Gamestop/etc. My brother got the Galaga version for Christmas, and I wouldn't call it atrociously flimsy. Yes, they are made of (I think) 1/2" particle board, but once together it's pretty sturdy. Regarding the artwork on the control panel, you can go the Arcade1Up's website and order a replacement piece of plexi/artwork for them for free. My brother's took less than a month to receive. I'd honestly pick up one of the SF2 cabs if they ever got to less than $200 simply to mod it into a full mame cabinet on the cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I didn't think they were flimsy. They didn't seem to shift when you played.

If I had the room followed by the money I'd get one. They were fun to play at the store.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phanstar330

I have 5 of these. They went on sale for 175 at a Wal Mart around here too. I love them. I think 300 is a little rough to pay but considering an authentic vintage Galaga cabinet could run you in the thousands, it's still worth it. I love playing mine every day and the real value of these is catching a sale and buying several. A mini arcade for under 1000 dollars? I keep mine in the garage and temps have reached 15 degrees and they have held up so far. Wave 2 has Mortal Kombat 2.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phanstar For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (03-24-2019)