Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Stadia (was "Google set to announce next-generation console at GDC - Rumored partnership with SEGA")

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    To truly own a game you either have to make it yourself or buy the rights to it. What you get when you buy a game is a limited license to play the game. When you buy a physical game you get to own the case, disc, etc... but the game itself is owned by the rights holder.
    Obviously. I was using hyperbole to illustrate the dichotomy between buying tangible assets and streaming.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i kinda get the feeling this is going to be more of a sega system with a google service. Thats my feeling

Kind of like i get the feeling M$ might throw in the towel on traditional console gaming aswell...

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    god that looks soo bad
    Yeah but I like that d-pad. I wish they would have kept it. I guess the + doesn't lend itself well to fighters or 3D?

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Stadia is gonna cost $10 per month more or less.

Google Stadia is a cloud-based video game streaming service, and it's launching this November.
    Stadia, originally announced in March, will come with a free Base option and a $10 Pro version.
    In order to access Stadia, you'll need purchase the $130 'Founder's Edition' or until the service becomes more widely available in 2020.
    In March, Google announced that it would be entering the world of gaming in a big way-a complete could-based gaming platform. The idea is to change gaming from physical media, like your DVD collection, to a streaming platform, like Netflix. Of course, Google isn't the first company to attempt this (there's NVIDIA's GeForce Now service, for one), but it could be the company best situated to create a platform that works as seamlessly as possible.

Today, Google announced some of the finer details of its service during an pre-E3 presentation. The service will launch in November, but there's a caveat. In order to access Stadia, you'll need to pay $130 for the 'Founder's Edition.' Then, in 2020, Google will open up invites to everyone.

The promise of Stadia is exactly where you can play these games, which is seemingly everywhere. Google mentions your Chrome browser, through a Chromecast Ultra connected to your TV, or even a Pixel smartphone (more phones will be supported, Google says). And prices range from free, for the Base subscription to $10 for the "Pro" subscription.

But what's the difference? The base edition caps your experience at 1080p but allows you to buy any game you want while the Pro subscription gives you top-notch performance (4k and 6ofps) along with discounts and monthly free games. Google says you'll need 35Mbps to enjoy 4K quality, but that the service will work seamlessly at 720p resolution with just 10Mbps.

Google's also designed a custom controller for the service, called simply the Stadia Controller, which has a two buttons dedicated for a capture button and a Google Assistant button. But Google also stresses that any controller/keyboard will be compatible with Stadia, so it's more of a BYOC situation.

But here's where the real rubber meets the road-the games. Here are some of the highlight titles that will be available at launch:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    DOOM
    Metro Exodus
    Farming Simulator 19
    Baldur's Gate 3
    Football Manager
    Final Fantasy XV
    Borderlands 3
    Mortal Kombat 11
    Darksiders Genesis
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Source: https://news.yahoo.com/everything-kn...170500466.html

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think its gonna be hard to attract people to Stadia without exclusives at launch. All those games can be bought on other systems right?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Well the Google Stadia is being shut down, but Google will be offering refunds for everything so that's something.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/29/2...g-january-2023