Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Another cash-in? Sega announces Genesis/Mega Drive Mini

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah, Snatcher is a strange omission considering Konami released the PCE version on the TG16 Mini.
    So it was like, we got Snatcher, but in Japanese.
    So why not take the opportunity to give it to us IN ENGLISH.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Yeah, Snatcher is a strange omission considering Konami released the PCE version on the TG16 Mini.
    So it was like, we got Snatcher, but in Japanese.
    So why not take the opportunity to give it to us IN ENGLISH.
    I would like to see this get a decent rerelease, just so the game becomes more common. Of course it would need light gun support to be fully functional. I assume licensing issues were a factor, as Snatcher was developed by Konami and the TG16 Mini was manufactured by Konami, while the Genesis Mini 2 was manufactured by Sega. It seems like an issue with Konami rather than with Sega preventing the Sega CD version from being rereleased on the Genesis Mini 2. There doesn't seem to be any Konami game on the Genesis Mini 2.

Would have been nice if Policenauts would have been released in English for the PS1 Mini, though at least it's been fan translated so it's playable in some form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I would like to see this get a decent rerelease, just so the game becomes more common. Of course it would need light gun support to be fully functional. I assume licensing issues were a factor, as Snatcher was developed by Konami and the TG16 Mini was manufactured by Konami, while the Genesis Mini 2 was manufactured by Sega. It seems like an issue with Konami rather than with Sega preventing the Sega CD version from being rereleased on the Genesis Mini 2. There doesn't seem to be any Konami game on the Genesis Mini 2.

Would have been nice if Policenauts would have been released in English for the PS1 Mini, though at least it's been fan translated so it's playable in some form.
    The first sega genesis mini has contra hard corps and castlevania bloodlines on it.So i don't know what was konami deal this time for not having any games on the mini II.For snatcher,lightguns don't work on hdtv anyways and using it for snatcher is optional.Anytime i have the burn out for snatcher i'm fine just using the controller for it's shooting sections.

Side note if the mini II ever get's a hack for adding more games id be fine with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If any body wants to buy a genesis mini II still it's on sale at amazon.Few times after it's release it did sellout but then got restock rather quickly i'm not surprise it's not selling like crazy.People have had there share of genesis re-releases up until this point.Not to mention,sega didn't do much to promote it and it being a amazon exclusive instead of being sold at most retailers.
    https://www.amazon.com/sales-North-A...s%2C782&sr=8-1