Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default VideoMastersTV's Cartoon pays homage to 80s Classic Games

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190406_031705.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	10613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GUS_title_card.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	10614

Hey everyone!

It's been a long while. Sorry I have not posted in ages. Hope you're all doing well. Some of you may remember me, I had a Youtube show called Video Masters TV. We were on there for 11 seasons, and ended the show's run last year.

I wanted to keep classic gaming close to my heart, though. At the same time, I wanted to prove I can write more than just reviews to games ranging from Atari 2600 to Playstation 3. Therefore, I created my own animated series. It's called Gaming Under the Stairs. The series centers around two kids and their experiences with their first gaming console. It's set in the 1980's, and you can tell by how the 3D set is made. Tacky colored couch, music and movie posters from the mid-late 70's, etc.

Initially, the series was going to be like my long running Youtube series. These kids, Gibby and Sully, would review or comment on existing games from the days of Colecovision, Odyssey 2, and so forth. Later on during production, my cousin had jokingly said I should just animate the games myself since I was moaning about how certain emulators weren't perfect in terms of accurate sounds, problems with screen tearing, etc.

So I animated each game that these characters play. While these kids play, they make humorous comments and observations about the games' rules and reality vs Real World rules and reality (ex: game gives you 5 lives. How do you come back to life the first time?). It's not Laugh Out Loud funny. I'm not trying to create some South Park- Family Guy type humor. Odds are you'll understand the comments they make throughout the episode.

I borrowed from games I grew up on. For instance, the pilot episode borrowed elements from the Smurfs game for the Colecovision, with the character falling on fences, the games' easy skill level, and jumping over obstacles. All that stuff.

I'm working on more episodes, set to air this August. One of the screenshots enclosed is a boxing game I'm working on. Think Urban Champion on NES meets Punch-Out, Ring King, and Rocky. I've enclosed a link to the Pilot episode here in the thread. Sorry in advance if this sounds promotional. Much like Video Masters TV, I don't make a dime from these videos. They're just fun to do, and it's a great way to show my love for classic games.

Enjoy the episode titled "RTFM (Read the F'n Manual)".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoMastersTV For This Useful Post:

Kentilla71 (08-01-2019)