Life is frustrating... I have had so many highs and lows with my Xbox 360 over the years. I absolutely LOVE the games that I have for it, but HATE the overall experience of playing them on the 360.
I'm sure everyone has reminisced about the gaming of decades past where you bought a game, put it in your system of choice and played. Simple, no? It should be. It's gaming. It's supposed to be fun. An escape. A distraction from the real world.

Then came systems with online functionality integrated into the core experience and my gaming spirit withered a bit. I had my Xbox gamer profile hacked a few years ago. I had to create a completely new account and lost all my DLC along with it. I'll be damned if I ever re-purchase it.

I've gotten by okay since. Although the experience of playing my 360 is still not great. I just recently got Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate for me and my son to play. We were excited. We opened up the game, put it in the system, and it goes something like this... Signing into your profile. Logging into Xbox live. Loads game. There is an update for your game. Signing out. Updates game. Restarts game. Designate a save location. (Okay. I only have the default HD. Why do half of the games ask me this?) Checking location for existing DLC...

By now both of our excitement has worn off a bit, but still looking forward to a few matches. Then we are greeted by this.

I have scoured the internet for a solution over the past few days. Ive checked my console settings, Xbox live account settings, deleted my profile and re-downloaded it to the console, even disconnected the console from the internet.
I checked my other games like Soul Calibur 4 and 5, Virtua Fighter 5, Bayonetta and Onichanbara and they play fine, no issues. But, no matter what I do everything is crossed out on the DoA 5 title screen and I can't play a game that i bought new.

I've seen some ramblings about getting a Gold membership, but screw that, I'm not doing it. There is a reason I keep going back to the classics, and this experience has reminded me why.