A lot of games were ported by Nintendo (or their hired associates) back in the day from the SNES to the GBA. Specifically I mean the "Mario Advance" games (Super Nintendo's Super Mario Bros. 2 {USA}, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island) and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

One of the reasons that I didn't buy these games back then for the GBA was that I owned the NES or SNES originals on the original consoles and so had no need to repurchase them. But another deciding reason was that they added the yelps, whoops, and other vocalizations to the playable characters, so every time the player told the character to jump, slice, or otherwise move, he'd let out a sound. I found this very distracting and that it, in my personal opinion, took away from the original atmospheres of the games. It was already bad enough when Nintendo "Super-ified" the graphics and sounds of the NES Mario games for the SNES All-Stars compilation with regards to atmosphere, but adding the voices "64-ified" the games, removing them even more from how they "should be." Granted, I write this as someone who played the originals near to their original releases and so that might be why I prefer the originals. Then again, when I see a re-re-re-re-re-re-remade game, movie, or its trailer, I usually dislike it, seek out its original, and like that much more than whatever is new even if I never saw the original before. So perhaps I'm an "originalist" or something, but I just prefer the originals over remakes, remasters, reboots, and sequels.

So with that said, do you prefer the games as they originally were or with these SNES and/or GBA specific changes?