Thread: Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories (PS4, Switch, PC)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories (PS4, Switch, PC)

Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories is coming to PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in North America and Europe in early 2020, publisher NIS America announced. It will feature Japanese audio with English subtitles. The PlayStation 4 version will support PlayStation VR.

In addition to the standard edition, an $89.99 limited edition including a copy of the game, official soundtrack CD, novelty “Emergency” backpack, identification tag, and novelty “First Aid” collector’s box will also be available. Pre-orders are available now at the NIS America Online Store (PlayStation 4, Switch).

Here is an overview of the game, via NIS America:
    About
    A calm summer day turns into catastrophe when a massive earthquake strikes your city, throwing buildings and lives into chaos. In order to survive, you must navigate familiar locations under unfamiliar circumstances. The fellow survivors you meet and crucial decisions you make will affect the course of your experience and ultimately determine how your journey through this crisis will end.

Key Features
    *Stop! Think! Then Act! – Evaluate each perilous situation and make decisions that will impact your own safety as well as that of others.
    *Torn From the Headlines – Interact with realistic scenarios within a Japanese city devastated by an earthquake, including scenarios designed in collaboration with the Kobe City Fire Bureau.
    *Danger Around Every Corner – Navigate a multitude of crises—from collapsing buildings to raging fires—in a city aplomb with peril.
    Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/06/disaster...-in-early-2020

Having never played the originals for myself, I wonder how this one compares to the earlier Disaster Reports.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

What happened to 2 and 3?

I played DR on the PS2 back when it first came out. It got bashed for being slow and clunky but it didnt bother me that much. I liked the visuals and the overall presentation. It didnt feel like any other game that came out at the time

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The second game was released as Raw Danger in the West. The third never saw release outside of Japan.

It's nice to see this game resurface after being cancelled in the wake of the 2011 Touhoku earthquake and after Irem effectively left the video game business. I'm glad many of the staff were able to start up a new developer and continue working on games. It'll be interesting to see what other IPs they may be able to acquire from Irem and revive.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I bought Raw Danger, didnt realize it was the sequel. Never played it though

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    The second game was released as Raw Danger in the West. The third never saw release outside of Japan.

I'm glad many of the staff were able to start up a new developer and continue working on games. It'll be interesting to see what other IPs they may be able to acquire from Irem and revive.
    Hopefully Steambot Chronicles 2.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.