Thread: Nintendo or Google Will End YouTube App Support for 3DS on September 2nd

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Nintendo or Google Will End YouTube App Support for 3DS on September 2nd

It has been announced that support for the YouTube app on Nintendo 3DS will come to an end in September.

The news doesn’t come as a particular surprise, given that the YouTube application is outdated and prone to repeatedly crashing.

“The YouTube app will no longer be available for download after 12:00 CEST on 02/09/2019,” the company confirmed in SpotPass notification distributed to the handheld.

“Additionally, from 03/09/2019, you will no longer be able to use this application.

“You can still use YouTube via the internet browser on the following systems if you enable ‘Use mobile versions’ setting: New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS, and New Nintendo 2DS XL. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    The article makes it seem like Nintendo is the one ending support for the YouTube app but I'd be willing to bet that it's actually Google that's killing off the app and Nintendo just released this press release as a way of notifying their customers. After all, Google likes to kill things off and it wasn't all that long ago that they killed off the YouTube app for the Nintendo Wii.

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/nin...ember-2nd/amp/

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I've never used a dedicated app to watch youtube videos on any of my devices, I just use whatever internet browser is on the device. I've never bothered to use my 3DS to access the internet anyway as I would just use my cell phone.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm kinda amazed the 3DS has a YouTube app to begin with. The hardware is just too weak and the screen too low-res for me to imagine it being enjoyable. I do use the YouTube apps on PS4 and Xbox One, though.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Well there is a lot of 3D content on YouTube, not sure if it works on 3DS though.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I never knew they had it in the first place. Damn.