Thread: Bomberman fans, tell me something

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Bomberman fans, tell me something

I asked this elsewhere but didn't get much of an answer so I'm wondering if I'll fare better here.

Okay, so I got a multicart with all five Super Bomberman games but... umm... just at first glance, they seem more or less the same.

Can someone more familiar tell me how they differ? Especially in multiplayer since that's the part I'm unlikely to ever experience.

For that matter I don't really see how the PC-Engine Bombermans distinguish themselves. I hear Saturn Bomberman is the best, but why is that?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I like Bomberman, but I am not a big enough fan to be able to tell you why Saturn Bomberman is the best. I do enjoy the series, but I am nearly where you are at. I have a copy of saturn bomberman, so maybe I'll pop it in for at some point and see what I can come up with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I asked this elsewhere but didn't get much of an answer so I'm wondering if I'll fare better here.

Okay, so I got a multicart with all five Super Bomberman games but... umm... just at first glance, they seem more or less the same.

Can someone more familiar tell me how they differ? Especially in multiplayer since that's the part I'm unlikely to ever experience.

For that matter I don't really see how the PC-Engine Bombermans distinguish themselves. I hear Saturn Bomberman is the best, but why is that?
    I used to know the answer to this... I've forgotten the differences and how the games relate between Mega Drive, SFC, and PCE.
    iirc the Mega Drive version introduced riding on the kangaroos, I think PCE Bomberman '94 is essentially the same game as the MD one. I can't remember which SFC game added the kangaroos.

Edit: some quick searching tell us:
    Quote Originally Posted by moscaic
    "the basic gist of Bomberman 94 over 93 is that 94 has the boxing glove, which lets you punch bombs over bricks, and little dinosaur buddies, which have helpful abilities and act as a de facto single use shield. If you get hit by a blast while riding a dino, the dino disappears and you keep on truckin'."
    Also: Bomberman WIki

and why Saturn Bomberman is the best
    Last edited by Koa Zo; 08-13-2019 at 10:19 PM.