Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default favorite Dragon Ball games?

Doesn't matter if its original, Z, GT, Super, Neko Majin, Dragon Ball AF or whatever.

So I wound up kinda getting the Dragon Ball bug again and wanting to either re-read the manga or rewatch the various anime (truth be told, I've read the Dragon Ball + Z manga volumes all the way through but I have not seen every episode of the anime or movies, and I haven't even tried to follow Super)....

.... and of course, video games.

I only own two of the SNES Super Butoden games, which have features I like but I wish they had a smoother feel. I remember playing Budokai 1 for the PS2 and liking it but not caring for its Namco-esque dial-a-combo special moves (though according to Some Call Me Johnny, this was fixed in Budokai 2 and 3 so that you no longer have to do the Kamehameha at the end of a combo).

And there's this game called Dragon Ball FighterZ which looks like the best thing ever and is reason #5 I'm finally getting a switch.

But yeah, across all consoles what are your favorite Dragon Ball games? Doesn't even specifically have to be fighting games, although I am wondering if there was ever a "perfect" version of the Butoden formula....

[tries hard--and fails--to resist imagining a scenario where Butoden evolves into a perfect form after absorbing other game cartridges.]

EDIT: Yeah, so I'm also into Dragon Quest/Warrior, which makes me wonder if there's something about Toriyama's art I happen to like (well, besides the fact that I keep seeing Hercule and Trunks pop up as characters in both franchises--Trunks is called "Angelo" in Dragon Quest 8).

Also what is with Toriyama and getting involved in things with "Dragon" in their title?
    Last edited by Edmond Dantes; 09-26-2019 at 04:35 AM.