Thread: MLB Playoffs are here! List your favorite baseball games

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default MLB Playoffs are here! List your favorite baseball games

Ive been trying to get into the World Series Baseball games on the Genesis, but the behind the plate view is something Im trying to get used to. I prefer the old school view from Baseball (NES) and the old RBI games. Its supposed to be one of the better baseball games. For some reason the batter/pitcher keeps going into auto play and that is very annoying.

For now Im sticking with Tommy Lasorda Baseball. I really liked Baseball Stars and Baseball Simulator on the NES. Just more used to the fast and simple gameplay.

Back in the day I played the MVP games on PS2 a bit. I thought they were pretty good
    Last edited by gbpxl; 10-04-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Not the "biggest fan of related baseball games" but i can all ways go for a round of baseball stars 2 and super baseball 2020 via the neo-geo.Since there arcade style it makes them very pickup and play.Beside i've bought baseball stars 2 twice once for my neo-geo mvs and again on switch digitally.
    BBS2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMpDn_g5uMM
    Super Baseball 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB00RJaC5lQ

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I have Baseball Stars 2 for NES CIB. Its supposedly one of the harder to find licensed NES games. Unfortunately it is also very hard to find anyone who is willing to play a 27 year old sports video game with me.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pr3tty F1y's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I would go with Tecmo Super Baseball for the SNES.

While it doesn't have a MLB license, so no actual team names, I never noticed this as a kid. However, it does have a MLBPA license and includes digitized images of the players, which is pretty neat for 1994.

The game had a catchy rendition of 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' as it's title theme and the crowd noises were what what would expect for a baseball game of the era. However, I'll always remember the 'Home Run' noise as the ball streaked out of the play field. Also, the use of the SNES's Mode 7 for fielding was pretty neat. I much prefer this to the overhead view of most baseball game where your players shrank to the size of ants. And the bullseye on the ground to locate where the ball was going to fall was also a nice touch.

Overall, I think it's the best baseball game on the SNES. Sure, Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run looks and sounds absolutely amazing, but Tecmo Super Baseball came out right during the MLB strike of 1994 and it was a great way to still get your baseball fix.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

the best baseball game Ive played so far on the Genny is Sports Talk. Im not a fan of the pitching. I cant move the ball while its in the air which is kind of annoying. but my God is the game fast. in other games you have to wait for the catcher to throw the ball back to the pitcher. or watch as the players walk up to the mond. in Talk, everything is instant.

still getting used to the controls though. i get destroyed by the CPU. its very hard for me to strike out a batter. and most the time i can hit the ball but it just gets caught. damn I need to practice some more

I stand by Baseball Simulator and Baseball Stars being the bast the genre has to offer. I love the arcade action. It seems like they dont make sports games like that anymore. the Hitz games were probably the last of their kind