Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analogue Pocket - new handheld for GBA/GG/NGPC/Lynx

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    How they haven't been able make the adapters for the Mega SG available is baffling.
    Did they ever even straighten out the GG adapters that shipped?

The Analogue Mega Sg Cartridge Adapter Set V1.1 went on sale a few days after the Pocket pre-sale. It's $49.99 plus $20.00 shipping to USA for the three adapters. As someone who owns a large library of Game Gear, Sega My Card and Sg-1000 games, I really appreciated these adapters putting my libraries on a HD TV. The Analogue Mega SG console puts Sega Genesis (all regions), Sega CD and Master System games in HD right out of the box.
    I already own Anolgue Super NT's and have the Analogue NT Mini Noir and Pocket on pre-order. I can understand some feeling FPGA solutions aren't playing games on "real" consoles. But as someone who's already been down the Framemeister XRGB Mini/OSSC upscaler road, with all the expensive RGB console modifications and cables, I find FPGA solutions give me the best picture with the lowest lag, period. Of course most people just emulate and don't have any real games or consoles, but I prefer collecting and having physical things to show my hobby to friends and family.
    I was disappointed that with the long pre-hype for the Analogue Pocket, the Neo Geo Pocket Color and Atari Lynx adapters weren't available yet. I was so excited about these adapters that I started collecting Atari Lynx games awhile back. The boxed Atari Lynx console I purchased included a half dozen boxed complete Lynx games. I bought 50 more new sealed Lynx games to finish my collection. Finding that new Lynx games were just as available as used games and priced nearly identically was the strangest retro collecting I've ever experienced. I don't think the Atari Lynx library compares favorably to the Nintendo Game Boy or even Sega's Game Gear library. But not being a handheld gaming enthusiastic, the Analogue Pocket putting these very enjoyable libraries on a big beatiful HD TV is a real blessing to me!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Pocket has started shipping out. If you didnt pre order it, youre probably SOL like I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    Pocket has started shipping out. If you didnt pre order it, youre probably SOL like I am.
    I debated on it but I wasn't sure what the development would be like with the cores. Analogue was pushing the fact of not being a "roms" type device with the storage, so I wasn't exactly sure what support would be like for other cores. I think this device would be rather lovely as a portable NES.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    I debated on it but I wasn't sure what the development would be like with the cores. Analogue was pushing the fact of not being a "roms" type device with the storage, so I wasn't exactly sure what support would be like for other cores. I think this device would be rather lovely as a portable NES.
    I think they do that to cover their asses. They dont want to advertise it, but there have been day one jailbreaks for their past consoles. I doubt there would be an NES core though, as they sell the NT Mini as a standalone

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

looks like those of us who missed the boat on pre-orders probably wont have one of these in hand until 2023 unless you wanna pay scalper prices

I mostly wanted it for Lynx and Game Gear games since I currently dont have a good reliable way to play them.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Game Sack Review
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I dont remember if he covered it or not but the biggest issue I had with the Mega SG and Super NT was the fact that you have to press one of the face buttons or a combo to pull up the menu. so it would trigger a pause screen or exit the pause screen. i wish they couldve made it where you hold down one of the D-pad buttons for 3 seconds to pull up the menu. kinda nitpicky but i like to be able to adjust the screen while Im looking at the game itself, if that makes sense

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

How does this handle region coding for Game Gear games? Different games boot up with different title screens or text depending on which region console they're played on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

MLIG review of it still it's price now being $219.00 ouch....

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    How does this handle region coding for Game Gear games? Different games boot up with different title screens or text depending on which region console they're played on.
    I dont know but if its like the other Analogue consoles, you can change the console's region

I pre-ordered a white and a black one Gonna hold off on the dock for now because I mostly just see myself using it in handheld mode. I use the Game Boy Player sometimes but it just feels more natural to play these games on the small screen. I also ordered a link cable and Game Gear adapter