I am too young to have remembered a time of buildings/building spaces that were solely designed for video game/pinball arcades and nothing else. I do remember a place at the mall circa 1994-1996 but having been only around 5 or 6 at the time I wouldve been too small to be able to reach any of the controls. All I remember was that it was really dark and there were a lot of flashing lights, teenagers going in and out and I really wanted to go in there haha.

The only other times I really saw arcade machines during this time were at a local family fun park and also a game room in the basement of a resort. I guess there was another resort that had a Mortal Kombat 2.

But yeah as far as going into a dedicated arcade with games like Shinobi, Donkey Kong, Ridge Racer, Arkanoid, Toki, Street Fighter 2... that is an era that I definitely missed out on sadly. Ive tried to do some research on arcades in Minnesota but havent come up with much. Most comments I read on Youtube talk about arcade machines in their local pizza joint in the 80s but nothing in the way of real arcades.

Does anyone here remember going to these back then, or can tell me where they were, or still have photos of these places? Seems to be a bygone era and not much in the way of videos/photographs unfortunately.