Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

@Slate: that waffle iron you have-is it all silver/chrome on top and bottom with black handles in the front with a dial that has settings like "Waffle" and such? If so, I think I might have the same kind. That thing is awesome with its Teflon coated waffle/griddle plates! The heating elements look fairly straightforward to replace if it ever goes out.

I haven't prowled in a while as I really want to cut back on stuff I don't play. On that note, I am building up my Switch equipment as I recently got a used Switch followed by a few games from Midwest Gaming Classic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0910.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	10907

Prices weren't bad. The Mario 3D package, Pokken Tourney and Smash Bros. were all new sealed but were about $5-10 less than MSRP. I pre-ordered Demon's Tier as it looked dang cool and as I'm a bit of a sucker for MGC, it's the event special edition. I haven't played it yet as two of my older step-sons have dominated it. My lunch breaks have been spent writing D&D adventure stuff for the kids, so I haven't played much in the video game realm. Not that I mind-one of my twins really eats up the lore for her character and between the two of us have hammered out quite the back story between her character and an NPC that I wrote up on a whim that her twin sister up and saved.

I also recently acquired (but not pictured as it's in my laptop bag at work) a Breath of the Wild themed wireless Switch controller by PowerA. It looks hardly used and the store had it priced at $19.99. As I looked around, I saw another but at $44.99. Guess which one I bought..... Thankfully it seems to work just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to one of my favorite game stores in the Dallas area, and saw that they had all their games and consoles being marked down. Turns out they're going the same way as a lot of video game stores and going with tabletop gaming and Funko Pop figures and stuff like that, and minimizing video gaming. PS3 games were 40% off, PS4 and PS5 were 15% off, and so on. They used to have the most PS Vita games I've ever seen in any store, today they had three - one with a generic case cover. If I could get a Vita and games cheap, I might have jumped in and started collecting for it, but there's no point now.

The PS3 Borderlands 2/Dishonored pack was only $12.97, WRC 5 was $19.97, PS4 Legend of Kay Anniversary was $15.97, Hero Defense was $12.97, and Space Hulk Tactics was $10.97. After the discounts, it came to a little over $50. Nice. The Japanese Puyo Tetris I picked up at a GameXchange for $13.99.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i had some success today

empty ds cases w/ manual for:
    Animal Crossing Wild World
    Blue Dragon Plus
    Mario Kart DS

an empty game gear game case
    and tecmo superbowl (gen) case that had the cart holder part cut out, probably a stash box

all of these were $2.10

a book of ps3 loose games:
    COD MW3
    COD Black Ops
    Netflix disc
    GTA 5
    GTA 4
    Madden 13
    FIFA 07
    MK Komplete Ed
    Tekken 6

also
    pirated version of jaws revenge
    some star wars trilogy cd-rom thing from sound source
    Mobile suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo

all of this was $10

lastly, only mildly game related
    Epson PowerLite 410W

and since it was all done by weight it was only $5.16
    amazingly it works and has about 310 hours on the lamp on high, lamp expectancy on high is about 3000 hours. 4000 on low.
    some specs
    https://www.projectorcentral.com/Eps...rLite_410W.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    @Slate: that waffle iron you have-is it all silver/chrome on top and bottom with black handles in the front with a dial that has settings like "Waffle" and such? If so, I think I might have the same kind. That thing is awesome with its Teflon coated waffle/griddle plates! The heating elements look fairly straightforward to replace if it ever goes out.
    The one I got is silver/chrome, but it says "Light" "Medium" and "Dark" at the sliding (not round) temperature selector. Its body is a rounded rectangular one. The elements do look easy to replace on these, true, and they're also pretty easy for a little kid to electrocute himself on.

===================

Finds for June 2nd, Thursday:

Wii games.

Name:	IMG_1197[1].jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	10908

Wii Fit Board (Under some games)
    Wii Ultra Sensor Bar
    Wii Classic Controller

(Gold's Gym) Cardio Workout
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    (Lego) Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Tenchu Shadow Assassins
    uDraw Studo Instant Artist
    uDraw Pictionary
    Ultimate I SPY
    Wii Fit
    Wii Sports

$10 for this lot from one yard sale.

==================

Finds for June 10th, Friday:

I nearly passed this lot up. A small town nearby was having their yard sale days, and I just happened to decide to go on Thursday (I didn't know that was their designated community yard sale weekend.) They didn't have these that day. I came back on Friday, to a sale that wasn't open the day earlier, and none of these games were out for sale. I nearly left without asking if there were any games, but then I saw Nintendo stickers on a drum set, so I asked if there were any games. The fellow said he had Super Nintendo games that he didn't bring out for sale, and he brought them out:

Name:	IMG_1193[1].jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	10909

Picture 1:

3D Ballz (was in the plastic bag pictured, with a printed out "how to play" paper.)
    Super Battleship
    Street Fighter II
    Super Mario All Stars (Player's Choice version)

2 SNES Contact Covers

Name:	IMG_1195[1].jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	10910

Picture 2:

Mario is Missing! (With Manual) - Ex-Rental copy (ex-rental case not shown.)
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (With Box, Cardboard Insert, and Manual - has a plastic tab glued on the back of the cartridge.)
    Super Mario World (Ex-Rental Copy with Box [damaged on back from tape removal,] Xeroxed [not original] manual, cards.]

I paid $10 for the Super NES games. I also asked if there were other games, and he brought out a Game Boy Pocket:

Name:	IMG_1194[1].jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	10911

Picture 3:

Game Boy Pocket in Red with Broken Start Button, Broken Battery Cover Tab

Austin Powers: Welcome to my Underground Lair! (GBC)
    The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (GB, with protective case)
    Pokemon Red (GB)

Paid $15 for this second lot.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 06-12-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've been on vacation this week, and I hit a couple game stores on the drive. Picked up Capcom Essentials for PS3 (very disappointed to find out the MegaMan 10 game is download-only), Silent Hill: Homecoming for PS3, and Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne the day after. Not really much to post about, I've pretty much reached the end of PS3 finds. They're slowly creeping back into stores and coming down in price from 2020's ridiculous retro game price spike, and I can afford to buy them again. I'm thinking of picking up the other Silent Hill game for the PS3, the store I bought the other one had a copy. The case wasn't in great shape, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've just driven back from my week's vacation. I only stopped at one game store today because I just wanted to get home. Picked up Monster Jam: Path of Destruction (PS3) for the heck of it. Tried getting a PS4 Touhou game but they couldn't find the game. I did pick up one of those little Atari TV sets from Target a couple days ago, also for the heck of it.

I've been trying to find the PS3 Simpsons Movie game for a while, but after lockdown the prices shot through the roof. Now they've come down to semi-reasonable prices and are starting to show up on game store shelves again. This store had three copies - none with its original case. Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Most of these are not exactly "finds," but here's what I've been up to lately.

Recap: A while back (I don't remember when, but I think it was 2020 or 2021 and I forgot to post about this find then) I was looking through yard sales, and I bought a Sega CD model 2 which was being sold for parts. The seller said that it needed a ribbon cable, and he only asked $15 for it, so I got it even though it didn't have a power adapter included. No photos of the SCD, I somehow recently lost my digital camera, hopefully I find it soon.

Well, a week or so ago I decided to buy the exactly right Sega 1602 power adapter, so I got one for $25 shipped (The SCD was cheap enough, and I sent a best offer for the adapter.)

Name:	genesis power adapter.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	10914

After the adapter arrived, I tested the system; no power light at all. The power adapter worked according to my V.O.M., so I opened the system. The only thing wrong with the Sega CD system was the commonly broken fuse; that's all. I soldered in a 2 amp fuse, which is a bit small (it calls for a 2.5 amp fuse,) but it does work. I also bought a set of 5 correct fuses that the system actually uses, just to be correct with it. That was $7.

Name:	sega cd fuses.jpg 
Views:	693 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	10912

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191603915863

I tested the only 2 games I have for the system; Ground Zero Texas' first disc didn't work beyond the company titles (and the disc's heavily scratched on the shiny side, so maybe I could re-surface it and get it to work,) and Dracula does work - or at least, it works to a point; it froze on me a few times.

While I was testing the SCD, I realized that both of my Sega Genesis II systems have worn down power inputs that often go off, so off to eBay I went. I bought 4 replacements for about $12.50, because I might as well have 2 spares.

Name:	genesis 2 power jack.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	10913

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143000541214

(Photos are not mine, they're seller photos.)

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 06-21-2022 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

i made a increasingly rare visit to Gamestop today. they are doing the pro day sales right now...bought nba 2k22 new for 9.99 and Capcom Fighting Collection for 39.99...both for xbox series x...was able to use my $5 monthly discount for being a pro member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I managed to pick up some more PS3 games I didn't already have yet, which is getting rare for me.

Of Orcs And Men is something I ordered off Amazon, Test Drive Unlimited 2, SBK X, and L.A. Noire are ones I keep thinking I already have but didn't until now, and Splinter Cell Blacklist is one I never really wanted, but I picked this one up because it's entirely in French. I already have a couple French-only games I've picked up in stores around here, and I just have to wonder how they got here. Didn't know so many people around here spoke French.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to Game Trade in Mesquite, TX today because they're transitioning to tabletop gaming and marking down all their video game stuff. Total bummer to see yet another game store in the Dallas area moving away from video games, but at least they've got some good sales going. Picked up MotoGP 14 for the PS3 and Hoa for the PS4, along with the Dragon Sword for the PS Move controller (it's supposed to have liquid blood inside the blade that sloshes around "realistically", but apparently they dry up over time). It's always been on the wall facing the opposite direction from me, so I wasn't aware until I took it off the shelf that it actually comes with Ninja Gaiden 3 sealed inside. The PS3 stuff was 40% off, the PS4 game was 15% off. Then I went a few miles away to a GameXchange and picked up Capcom Essentials (with Resident Evil 6 inside) and Stubbs the Zombie HD remaster for the PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

When I went game shopping a couple days ago I came across the remake of the first two Danganronpa games but put it back on the shelf, thinking it'll be easy to find it later. Last night I looked the game up on Amazon, and the only version available is the UK game and it was $125 for a "very good" copy. Today's payday and I'm off, so I went all the way back to that GameXchange and picked it up for $44.99. On the way back I hit a Half Price Books to pick up that F1 2014 and then went to the main Movie Trading Company location and picked up that Streets of Rage 4 Anniversary Edition new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

=======
    June 2022:
    =======

25:

My Sega CD Fuses arrived, but I haven't installed them yet.

27:

My Sega Genesis Power Jacks arrived, and I installed them. The one Genesis works fine now, the other still needs to be looked at again. (It's a different board version that has wires at the power jack. I probably soldered that badly, or a wire's just broken inside.)

30:

After numerous stops without anything, I passed one of those "middle of nowhere, no internet store use" shops run by an old lady who's 80 years old. I noticed that she had a sign up saying she was liquidating her inventory, so I stopped in. Good thing, too:

Name:	IMG_0221 Edit Jpeg.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	10915

Super NES Mouse Pad / Board
    PGA Tour Golf - Game Gear, Loose (with Cartridge Case)
    Sewer Shark (Sega CD) Manual
    Wonderdog (Sega CD) Manual - Has sticker residue on dog's nose, and still has a sticker on the front.

I'm counting this lot as $3 (bought with a box of books, the whole box was $12.)

That's all I found game-wise, but I also stopped at another yard sale about 8 miles later, and I found a small Casio keyboard for $2. I almost passed it up, and I bought it just for the fun of it, but it turns out to be worth $100 - $120 in good condition. This one might not be since it has musical notes on the keys in (probably) magic marker, but that should be removable.

- Austin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Wednesday I went on a game hunt, ended up finding only import games. First, was International Cricket 2010 for $10. I bought it because I came across a copy of Move Street Cricket in a store a year or two ago but didn't get it, and never saw it again, and I'm curious on how to play the sport. After that I picked up Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 and Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match, which is a region 3 Singapore release although it's in Japanese and English but not Chinese. I blew way more money than I really wanted to that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

As I was removing video game stores from my Google Maps list that have stopped selling games, I managed to find a newly opened game store over in Keller, TX. Visited the place today - it's named The Gaming Vault. Tiny storefront... apparently they have three game rooms in the back for Pokemon tournaments and such, but not much in the way of game stock. I didn't find anything for the PS3, but I did pick up a game from their glass case for the PS4 that looked completely bizarre. Green Lava Studios Volume 1 is a Limited Run game with three games on it: My Name is Mayo, My Name is Mayo 2, and Mr. Massagy. It looks weird as hell, it was factory sealed, and it was $19.99. Sold.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

probably the only LRG game thats actually limited...

kinda a dry spell again the past few weeks

Name:	PXL_20220623_043808010.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	10923

I found the spec ops games for about $4 each, they looked to be in better than usual PSX game condition
    The "virtual memory card" is for PSX too and i hadnt seen any thing like this before, it hooks up to the IO on the back of the system. Havent had a chance to try it yet. It was $5.
    I found sam and max at worst buy for $35 and decided i should grab it while i had the chance.

Name:	PXL_20220709_215122394.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	10924

The 3DS LL was from ebay ~$100 shipped, came complete with an extra charger (no charger in Japanese releases) I really liked the design and apparently these go for much more so i guess i was just lucky
    the games were $5 ea at a thrift, also in better than usual shape, no scratches or fingerprints on the discs at all. surprising really.

Name:	PXL_20220709_215023142.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	10925
    this is for my car, timing chain tensioner, $70. not happy to have to do this but its a test to see if i can get away with just changing this because i dont have all the symptoms of a bad timing set and sticking a camera in there i cant see any thing broken.
    this'll be fun to do one handed because i sliced the end of my finger off cooking the other day which resulted in my first ever trip to the ER since i couldnt get it to stop bleeding.

that made me feel pretty freaking dumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ordered Le Tour De Force 2012 off Amazon, sealed, a week or so ago and it came in yesterday. I wish other games I order off Amazon would show up that quickly - I ordered Beat Sketcher for the PS3 from a Japanese seller two and a half months ago and it still hasn't showed up.

There's a GameXchange that almost always has something good that I went to today. There's got to be a collector in the area getting rid of their PS3 games, too many rarities end up there. Too bad I have the majority of the rare stuff that's been ending up there lately. All I picked up today was Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat and a collector's edition of FarCry 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My nephews were in town over the weekend, they're both into games too, so it was really fun taking them to game shops and arcades around the area. I actually bought something in a GameStop, which is a rarity with me, but my nephews wanted to check out the Switch games. Curved Space is a twin-stick shooter and IKAI looks to be a horror game set in an ancient Japanese castle or mansion. I'd never seen either titles at any game store before - in fact, I saw a lot of PS4 games that I had never come across anyplace else. I might reluctantly have to start shopping at GameStop.

After they drove back home, I went on a fairly aimless game search and found next to nothing. I only bought Moonlighter at the last shop so I'd have a sense of closure on the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

One of my nephew's friends ordered a Sega Saturn online, when it came in it wouldn't read discs. He organized a refund and the seller told him to just trash it, but instead he gave it to my nephew to see what he could do with it. He sent me a picture and I realized it was a Japanese model, and if that guy was trying a US game in it that would be why it wouldn't accept discs. So I popped out today and checked out various game stores to see what Japanese Saturn games they had. Picked up a couple, one is the Game of Life - a digital recreation of the board game, still factory sealed, and it's got some really weird screenshots on the box. The other is some kind of anime-inspired artwork disc with audio and video clips I believe. That'll be good enough to check and see if that Saturn will actually play region 3 discs or not.

There was a GameStop right by the gas station I filled up at, so I went in. I was bouyed by the memory of the mall location I went to a week or so ago that had lots of PS4 games I'd never come across before. This place didn't have much of anything, resetting my feelings about GameStop back to where it's been for a decade. I bought Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin because it was the only game on their limited shelves that looked interesting.

Oninaki is a German/European PS4 release that looked cool, and was under $20, so I ordered it off Amazon on a whim while I was shopping for other stuff.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    One of my nephew's friends ordered a Sega Saturn online, when it came in it wouldn't read discs. He organized a refund and the seller told him to just trash it, but instead he gave it to my nephew to see what he could do with it. He sent me a picture and I realized it was a Japanese model, and if that guy was trying a US game in it that would be why it wouldn't accept discs.
    He could try playing music CDs to see if the laser is working. I often use CDs as it's a good way to test the laser path from beginning to end, having to play through the whole CD. With games you'd often need to play through the whole thing, otherwise the laser only travels and reads just part of the discs, a laser might not be able to travel the whole path and you'll never know.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gameguy For This Useful Post:

Slate (08-04-2022), Steve W (08-03-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    He could try playing music CDs to see if the laser is working. I often use CDs as it's a good way to test the laser path from beginning to end, having to play through the whole CD. With games you'd often need to play through the whole thing, otherwise the laser only travels and reads just part of the discs, a laser might not be able to travel the whole path and you'll never know.
    I actually hadn't thought of that. Nice one! I'll pass it on to my nephew. If I had that Saturn I'd pull out the disc drive mechanism and replace it with a mod chip that accepts Micro SD cards, but I don't think he's very confident in his ability to solder or do these kinds of complicated mods.

I haven't gone out to look for games, but I did get a couple games off Amazon, the PS4 collector's edition of Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal (I love this company, they don't bow to political correctness and instead make cheesecake games in this day and age, which also means these will be the games that will be ridiculously hard to find and stupidly expensive a decade or two from now) and a used copy for the PS3 of Gekiatsu!! Pachi Game Tamashi Max: Evangelion 7 x Seimei no Kodou. It's an Evangelion themed pachinko and slot machine game. I'd seen a pachinko game review on YouTube and remembered there were a few put out on the PS3, which satisfies my love of PS3 collecting, so it's a "two birds with one stone" situation. I hope I can get past all the Japanese text to get into the game.