Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Share your pickup loot and finds

It is that time again. This time I won't put any year on it and hopefully people can start posting from now on. Here is my past week pickup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81191723_2602650499783575_6578089236728119296_o.jpg 
Views:	2254 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	10699

Name:	32613247-AA9C-4993-BFAE-FA2EBAB4E6E8.jpg 
Views:	1892 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	10700

Name:	57804068-8984-42F1-822F-F81B7286B2EB.jpg 
Views:	1786 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	10701

Name:	79881573-2874-4C6A-84A2-07D828E3DD30.jpg 
Views:	1874 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	10702

Name:	81389182_2602650509783574_4668885057140686848_o.jpg 
Views:	1901 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	10703
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 01-12-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added an "s" to "find" so it can show up with similar threads in search results for "finds"

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

whats the game in the upper lefthand corner that looks like Freddy Krueger got ahold of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    whats the game in the upper lefthand corner that looks like Freddy Krueger got ahold of
    It is Super Mario world 2: Yoshi Island.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    starkreality

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    It is Super Mario world 2: Yoshi Island.
    Are you playing your SNES games on Retron or on an original SNES?
    The recent increase in market availability of original SNES cartridges has made me consider picking up a Retron. I've got SNES copies of Marvel Superheroes: War of the Gems and Captain America and the Avengers lingering around I'm getting antsy to play on the original carts again...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
    The recent increase in market availability of original SNES cartridges has made me consider picking up a Retron. I've got SNES copies of Marvel Superheroes: War of the Gems and Captain America and the Avengers lingering around I'm getting antsy to play on the original carts again...
    The build quality on the 2-in-1 Retrons are decent but avoid the Retron 5 like the plague. same for the Supa Boy. I cant speak to the quality ofbthe Retro Bit clones but I havent heard any complainte

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Nothing on the game front so far. I did pick up a MacBook power supply with the long cord attachment for $3. I haven't tested it yet as the MB it'd work with is at work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    starkreality

The build quality on the 2-in-1 Retrons are decent but avoid the Retron 5 like the plague. same for the Supa Boy. I cant speak to the quality ofbthe Retro Bit clones but I havent heard any complainte
    I'll keep that in mind, thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

i actually really like the Retron 5. Are you referring to an earlier model of it? I bought mine from gamestop in 2017 i believe and it seems to work great and the plastic is solid ...now the controller is horrible but i use originals for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
    I am thinking about picking up Super NT. I tried Yoshi Island on Supaboy and it won't play it because it has a special chip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

I have not posted in quite a whileader here but this past weekend I bought some gi joe figures and the guy gave me a loose vertical force for the virtual boy. I dont currently own a virtual boy but do plan on getting one soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Got the PS4's HDMI port fixed and it works now. Against my better judgement and all my morals, I stopped at a GameStop yesterday. Since I own a current game console, I thought I'd check them out to see if they still suck. And of course they do. But I ended up buying Trine Ultimate Collection, Galak-Z/Skulls of the Shogun for $4.99 each, and Trover Saves The Universe. It doesn't require VR but it can use it, so I'm hoping maybe tomorrow I can go into Shreveport (it's a 40 minute drive from where I'm staying this week) and pick up the PS4 VR helmet. I've been dreaming about a decent VR experience since the early '90s, it's about time the technology has caught up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The local Wal-Mart was clearing out a bunch of 3DS titles at rock bottom prices:

$2.50 Yo Kai Watch (quantity 5)
    $7 Mario Kart 7 (Player's Choice)

I think I got enough YKW titles for the kids that want to play it but don't have saves on their brother's copy. I might even dip my toes into this to see what it's all about.

I pulled the trigger on getting a refurb New 2DS XL from Nintendo, which just arrived today. I got to play some Animal Crossing last weekend and had a blast trying to pay off my mortgage and catching up with the residents. With the local price of 2/3DS systems going up ($120 used at my favorite haunt for a New 2DS XL, $70 for a 2DS), I decided to get something that was already fixed up and with a warranty. The 2DS I got from Nintendo was $49 before shipping and my 2DS XL was $99. Now that I had a chance to hold one, I think the D-Pad is going to be easier on my thumb than on my New 3DS. So today I'll be transferring my files and such.

I also, if Best Buy is to believed, scored the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Game and Watch from Best Buy. Amazon was out so fast I never got a notification. Best Buy was trickling these out bit by bit to give people a chance to get one. It took about ten minutes but I was able to secure one and pay for it. It's sitting at the store for pick up, which I'll get on my way back from an appointment and a work errand.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Picked this up earlier in the week. Lucky Goodwill find. It was in a bin next to about 20 copies of Toy Story

Name:	20201114_175118.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	10795

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday I hit a couple GameXChange stores along with the 2nd & Charles store picking up interesting and cheap PS4 games to build up my library, and driving home from my vacation week I stopped at the Marshall, TX location and bought even more. Nearly everything was between $4.99 to $8.99, buy 2 get one free.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Capybara554321's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been awhile since I've posted but I found a sealed copy of the primal rage board game. 8 can't seem to find much info on it or even ebay listings. Thinking someone here might be able to enlighten me on it.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara554321 View Post
    It's been awhile since I've posted but I found a sealed copy of the primal rage board game. 8 can't seem to find much info on it or even ebay listings. Thinking someone here might be able to enlighten me on it.
    I could only find a used one listed for sale at $300, I'm not sure what actual selling prices would be but it is an expensive board game. No idea on sealed values as it looks like only used ones occasionally turned up for sale years ago.

https://www.virtualvideogamestore.co...rd_Game:.html#

Insert Coin (Level 0) Capybara554321's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I could only find a used one listed for sale at $300, I'm not sure what actual selling prices would be but it is an expensive board game. No idea on sealed values as it looks like only used ones occasionally turned up for sale years ago.

https://www.virtualvideogamestore.co...rd_Game:.html#
    Hmmm. Maybe I should toss it up on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday I went to a store called Retro Madness in Arlington, TX and picked up Shantae and The Flame in The Flood (sealed) for the PS4. They were $30 each but he made one half off, pretty damn nice of him. There's no screenshots on The Flame In The Flood so he pulled up a YouTube review of it, which again, was pretty damn nice of him.

The day before I ended up going to a GameXchange and a Movie Trading Company store up in Denton, TX and picking up a few games. I've never watched Game of Thrones since I haven't had HBO in a couple decades, but a YouTube video about rare PS3 games mentioned it was by Atlus so I decided to grab it since it was only $10. Operation Warcade looks like it'd be cool, as long as I don't start vomiting from motion sickness after the first minute. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 + Arcade Game Series was a letdown.One of the best things about Pac-Man is its simplicity, and yet they've added a bunch of game mechanics that make it clunky. Kind of like all the sequels that Namco made after the popularity of Pac-Man, like Baby Pac-Man, Pac & Pal, or Super Pac-Man. It took a bunch of college kids to make a true sequel to Pac-Man by not adding extra crap but by making it better and smoother. Sigh. I wish companies would learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I took this week off work, and capped it off with a flea market trip. Didn't find much at the flea market (one vendor that used to have loads of retro games there doesn't seem to have a stall anymore) so all I picked up there was Bayonetta, region 3, with Japanese and English language options. That was only $5. The rest of the games were bought in the past couple days at game or movie stores. I don't recall ever seeing Summer Stars 2012 anyplace before, and it was only $2.99 at a GameXchange (bought with Gran Turismo 5 XL and Virtua Fighter 5 because of their 'buy 2 games under $7.99 get 1 free sale). That same GameXchange also had, shockingly, three boxed APF MP-1000 games. I've only ever seen one bare cartridge for that system in my life, I've never seen one boxed let alone three. I didn't pick any of them up since (a) I don't have an APF MP-1000 Imagination Machine to play them on, and (b) they were $25 to $30 each and I can't justify spending that much on a novelty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ordered some import PS3 games off Amazon - Captain Morgane was UK only (and factory sealed), Siren Blood Curse came in a cracked case and the disc is in terrible shape (I haven't tried it yet since it has to be installed and turns out I don't have enough room on the HD) and The Last Guy is the Japanese version. There was an Asian version that was in English, Japanese and Chinese but that one cost too much. It looks like a fun game but it's kind of hard to play since it's mostly in Japanese (but oddly a few things are in English that don't need to be, like credits of the Japanese programmers - you'd think they would just write them in Japanese). It looks like you round up survivors on a Google Earth-style screen and avoid zombies and monsters while leading people to safety. I just don't understand the controls or any of the warning messages.