Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if I was going to bother trying to get them off before, now I probably will just leave them.
    If anything, it might take a different remover. I never had issues with Goo Gone but I haven't used it in years and don't recall if I tried it on a disc based game. I have to see if I still have Zelda Skyward Sword, which I also boughtvat Family Video years ago, to see if I took the label off. If I did, then I used Goo Gone. If not, I might have to try it if I still have my bottle of the stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    If anything, it might take a different remover. I never had issues with Goo Gone but I haven't used it in years and don't recall if I tried it on a disc based game. I have to see if I still have Zelda Skyward Sword, which I also boughtvat Family Video years ago, to see if I took the label off. If I did, then I used Goo Gone. If not, I might have to try it if I still have my bottle of the stuff.
    I couldn't find my bottle of Goo Gone or I might have tried it. But I used some years ago to get sicker residue off a plexi arcade bezel and you can still see where it was. And it made a mess when using it. At least the spot's not sticky though. Goof Off though, I've never used but have heard you need to be more careful with. I just figured the stickers aren't hurting anything and my level of caring about that sort of thing has dropped in recent years.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    I couldn't find my bottle of Goo Gone or I might have tried it. But I used some years ago to get sicker residue off a plexi arcade bezel and you can still see where it was. And it made a mess when using it. At least the spot's not sticky though. Goof Off though, I've never used but have heard you need to be more careful with. I just figured the stickers aren't hurting anything and my level of caring about that sort of thing has dropped in recent years.
    I head ya there. If the games I used Goof Off on were no gifts nor if there was a push from the wife to maintain the magic of Santa Claus for the kids, those suckers would probably still be on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

last couple of weeks i've had some luck finding some items...got 6 master system games in box...4 are missing manuals...the games are great baseball, joe montana football, rambo, great hockey, alien syndrome, and black belt....also got some genesis games CIB..jungle strike, star trek next generation, mortal kombat 2, B.O.B, and judge dredd.......all the master sytem games were $5 each and the genesis games were around $6 each......also picked up some disc only sega saturn games from gamestop.com...fighting vipers, virtua figter remix, Bug!, and virtua cop 2.....none were more than $10.....bought the retron 3 in 1 adapter for the retron 5..$46 on lukiegames.com.....lastly....ordered a 10 pack of replacement sega cd/ sega saturn cases from amazon ...should be here saturday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Pickup from thrift store, FB marketplace and local retro store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A20C4CEE-ECA3-4C92-A477-23BEF961348E.jpg 
Views:	1344 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	10711

Name:	B45D4A19-48D6-4810-903C-723FA3667BF6.jpg 
Views:	1345 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	10712

Name:	FED3447F-A58D-4008-BFCE-16AC2BF03229.jpg 
Views:	1374 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	10713

Name:	C47A061E-BC93-47AB-A24F-26451274DFAB.jpg 
Views:	1477 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	10714

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went flea market shopping today - didn't find anything there so I hit a couple of GameXchange stores on the way back, along with another local store called Game Trade. Most of the games are $4.99 or under to score their "buy 2 games under $7.99 and get 1 free" sale. The less-than-common games I ended up paying $19.99 or less for at the Game Trade store. My PS3 and Xbox 360 collections are exploding in size. Between the two consoles I think I have 135 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    I had the same 3-in-1 set. I dont think I ever got around to playing Streets or Copter. or maybe I couldnt figure oit how to play it. dont remember. Most the Sim games kicked the llamas ass, thats for sure
    I had this set back in 98, as a kid. Streets is a bad Twisted Metal ripoff that I enjoy for some reason. Copter is basic, janky, and enjoyable. Both are playable on Windows 10 now, but you have to download an extra program to start and play them; otherwise, your computer's too fast for them. The "patch" programs are here, at these fan sites:

www.streetsofsimcity.com
    www.simcopter.net

I also had most Sims games. That was back from 98 - 2002. They were lots of fun then, I'd probably still play Tower and others now.

I haven't had finds lately. If this was just a yard sale or thrift store thread in general, I'd probably post more often. I did find a 50s or 60s box fan in the last few months, and it was dirt cheap.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 02-26-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Local St Vinny's had some SNES games with manuals for $10 each. They also had a yellowed SNES deck with two controller and DK Country for $65.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I found out about a store not very far away that mostly sells old toys but they have a section of old games too. When I walk in, I'm shocked to see an APF MP-1000 on their shelf. I've never seen one in real life before, I've only ever seen them online. It was $100, so I didn't bother. I was also shocked to see they had a tiny selection of Emerson Arcadia 2001 and Fairchild Channel F cartridges on their shelf, I bought one each. Space Raiders was $7, and Spitfire was $5. With this purchase, I've now doubled my Fairchild library.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

went to a playntrade today...got the following sega cd games: terminator (complete), sol-feace, adv of will mcbeamish, sherlock holmes, and ah3 thunderstrike.....i really overpaid for thunderstrike...it was complete but i paid $30...didnt reallize that was going for like $15 on ebay....but got a decent deal on terminator on sega cd...complete for $99 so evens out i guess...terminator is like 120 on ebay.....anyway...couple weeks ago also picked up an atari jaguar with the following games....tempest, alien vs predator, checkered flag, crescent galaxy, iron soldier, cybermorph...around $270 for everything......

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Have Jags gained in value?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

they are sought after. so id say yes. bought a new one a few years ago for $350 I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Picked up a weird controller that I'd never seen before. It's a touchpad-style that is a six-button Genesis controller, but with an adaptor that's conveniently attached to the cable it can also be used as a Super Nintendo controller. $3 for this oddity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

recently picked up a 3do fz10 model with goldstar controller and cib madden, fifa, and wing commander 3 and disc only gex....then ordered a few more games....namely ssf2 turbo, way of the warrior, star control 2, blade force, those are the better ones.....also got cib hover strike on jaguar for $30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I bought a Harmony Encore cart from Atari Age during a "Covid" sale. I haven't had a chance to really play with it yet other than a test.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    recently picked up a 3do fz10 model with goldstar controller and cib madden, fifa, and wing commander 3 and disc only gex....then ordered a few more games....namely ssf2 turbo, way of the warrior, star control 2, blade force, those are the better ones.....
    What totally kills me is that every game store I go into nowadays (especially Game X Change stores) have loads of 3DO titles. Back when I got my first 3DO it was next to impossible to find any games, now I can find them just about anywhere. I have to wonder exactly where all these games came from. Because every location of Game X Change I've been to in the last year (probably about ten to twelve stores) has had 3DO games in their glass counter cases. And they always cost way too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

After getting woken up early (I couldn't tell if my neighbors were doing yardwork or having a chainsaw duel) I decided to drive down to Waco, TX for the hell of it. Picked up a Wii-U game for whenever I break down and buy one, and some more PS3 games that were cheap and interesting looking, but the coolest items were these: Akai Katana (new) for the Xbox 360 for $19.99 and K-razy Antiks for the Atari 400/800 (complete) for $7.95. There was also a weird PS3 visual novel/dating sim made for women about a lady traveling with a bunch of historical samurai characters and she had to "find romance". I didn't know the PS3 had anything so utterly and completely foreign like visual novels here in the US, let alone kinds made for women. I might have bought it for the weirdness factor but just wasn't interested in paying $39.99 for it.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    There was also a weird PS3 visual novel/dating sim made for women about a lady traveling with a bunch of historical samurai characters and she had to "find romance". I didn't know the PS3 had anything so utterly and completely foreign like visual novels here in the US, let alone kinds made for women. I might have bought it for the weirdness factor but just wasn't interested in paying $39.99 for it.
    That'd have to be Hakuoki. It's not worth dropping $40 for the PS3 version, so I'd say that was a good call. I think you can get even the limited edition for less than that, plus there are better and cheaper versions of the game. It's not the first game of its kind to be released in the US, but it was the first otome game (games made primarily by and for women; they're usually visual novels and usually involve romance) to see a lot of success in the West and was the first English otome game on something other than PC. It first came out in English on PSP, but then it got released on PS3, 3DS, Vita, PC, and mobile too. Because of its success in the West, the genre as a whole has gotten quite a few English releases since, mostly on Vita, Switch, and PC. English releases of visual novels in general have been taking off on non-PC platforms too in recent years. They were still rare on PS3 and its contemporaries.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussie2B For This Useful Post:

Steve W (06-02-2020)

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Picked up a weird controller that I'd never seen before. It's a touchpad-style that is a six-button Genesis controller, but with an adaptor that's conveniently attached to the cable it can also be used as a Super Nintendo controller. $3 for this oddity.

i remember seeing these in magazine ads, only i remember them being black and yellow

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

That's a Turbo Touch 360+. The black and yellow one was the regular Turbo Touch 360, which was a 3-button controller and only worked with Genesis (though there were other versions designed specifically for the NES and SNES).