Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

do saturn optical drive replacements require soldering? they might not...

any way my finds have been pretty slim, today i got a few wii cables (power and component) for $2 ea and a IDE and Floppy cable with the edge connector for a buck ea.
    yesterday i got a whole pc for $5 with a USB powered sound bar. its a dell small form factor optiplex 7020, 4th gen i5 4 sticks of ram, not sure how many gigs (more than 8) no hard drive but thats ok with me. it'd be at least a good case for a mobo swap to ITX or something or maybe it can be a firewall too. i already have a system for pfSense thats very low power, this ones more power hungry but probably not by much and would be much more powerful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It's been a while since I last posted, and I'm behind, but I did write-ups of this weeks ago. I have more finds than this post, so this is a part 1 out of 2 or 3 replies to get up to date.

==========
    July 3, Sunday:
    ==========

First, I went to one yard sale about 6 miles from me, and bought a Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360) set:

Rock Band 1 (w/ Box & Manual,)
    Rock Band 2 (w/ Box & Manual,)
    Rock Band 2 Drum Set
    4 Drum Sticks
    Rock Band 1 or 2 Wired Guitar Controller (Stratocaster type.)

All for $20. No microphone, but I already had one from a different sale a year or two earlier.

Later, I found a Pixel Pals Super Mario Bros. 3 Mario Figure, but it's broken; there's battery acid leakage. I got it for $0.25.

Much later, I bought a Super NES Mouse Controller missing the ball and ball compartment plastic. Also included was a Super NES controller cord that was dis-assembled for some reason, and I paid $5 for this. (Not pictured.) I normally wouldn't pay so much, but I had just bought a SNES Mouse Pad a few days earlier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0326 - Most Yard Sale Finds for July 3, 2022. (Jpeg.).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	10926

=========
    July 8, Friday:
    =========

I decided to go to a town about 45 miles from me, where I found nothing I was after, despite trying to follow directions I saw posted! (Awful follow-up with some of these Facebook people.) So then I ended up turning around and going another 30 or so miles to a different, closer to home town, where I found many yard sales as the town was having a yard sale weekend.

First, I saw some Game Boy and Game Boy Color commons for $3 and $4 each. I passed.

Next, I saw an Xbox 360 Slim in White with some games for $80. I passed on most of this, but bought a copy of Ghostbusters with the box (missing manual) for $4; mostly because I wanted to play it.

Next sale: 1 Omega Juicer missing the juicing parts, for $1. (Not pictured.)

After that, I "lost my head" (Father thought I overpaid) and bought a 1960s Western Auto Battery Charger that looks like it has bad humidity damage for an "obscene" $3. (Not pictured.)

Next, there was then free stuff on the side of the road. 1 book about chocolate, added to the car. (Not pictured.)

A few sales later, I saw yet another Rock Band set for Xbox 360! "What the heck, I ought to get it." This is a Rock Band 1 set:

Drums,
    Wired Guitar with Strap (missing 1 strap pin,)
    Rock Band 1 game,
    2 Microphones.

They had marked the price down from $20 to $10, but then the woman selling it said she'd take $5 for it without me even asking, so I went with it.

Name:	IMG_0323 - Some Yard Sale Find for July 8, 2022 (Friday. Jpeg.).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	10927

Then not 1 block away, I saw some free stuff on the side of the road. Add 1 Clay Disc Thrower, 1 Sears Timing Light, 1 Sears Engine Analyzer, and some Motorcycle Books to the car. (Not pictured.)

Some more running around, and I found nothing until I got to another yard sale miles away that I saw advertised online. There was a NES with 22 games for $200, and I looked through the lot, but I was not comfortable buying at $200 for all that's included. Most of the games are commons, and the price is just a bit short of the tip top eBay price range for an un-guaranteed console with that specific lot of un-guaranteed working games. There was a copy of Super Mario Bros. 2 in Box with Manual, but it was squished. I passed on this.

So by this time I was winding down, and I went to Walmart for groceries. However, around 3 to 5 PM when I was about ready to go home, I decided to leg it by another route to cover more territory. Good thing I did, both of the last 2 sales proved fruitful.

The first sale had an April 2007 Playstation 3 (80 Gig version) without any controllers or wires, and a copy of a Nascar 2011 game. They also had a Wii with a controller that has a bad power button because someone bit the controller. Both of these systems are in poor cosmetic condition & are dirty, but I paid $10 between the two of them. I never had a PS3 before, so I'm happy with this.

Name:	IMG_0327 - Yard Sale Finds for July 8, 2022. PS3 and Wii. Jpeg..jpg 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	10928

The final and most valued item of July 8th, though? I didn't need to pay money for it. I followed the last sign of the day just after the PS3 and Wii, then I got to a sale where the two residents were going to move, and I saw nothing I was after. However, I asked if they might have items I was looking for. I didn't find anything game-related, but I'm also into Musical Instruments, at which point the woman there asked if I'd like an Electonic Drum Set. I said I'd have a look at it, and she also said she wanted to just give it away because it was a gift to her and her husband, so I accepted it. So now I have an Electronic Drum Set that's probably worth $300 or more, all because I simply asked. I'd take photos of it, but it's not in the best place for photos now.

- Austin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Looks like I won't update to the current day tonight, but here's the next week up.

==========
    July 15, Friday:
    ==========

One sale:

CDs - 6 Albums for $1.50 (CCR, Beach Boys, Irish compilation, Yes album, a few others I forgot. None are pictured.)

Another sale:

Super NES needing new power jack
    2 controllers (1 not pictured.)
    2 NES / SNES RF Adapters
    1 Sega Master System RF Adapter

Games, Loose:

Arkanoid: Doh It Again
    Mortal Kombat 3
    Super Mario World
    The Ren and Stimpy Show: Veediots!

$25 for this lot. None of this was out, I had to ask about it. Perhaps I should have offered $20 since the power jack was broken and the Eject button needs a spring, but I missed the jack on my inspection. I ended up buying 2 power jack replacements on eBay for about $11 some time later (I might as well have a spare.)

Name:	IMG_0337 - Yard Sale Finds, some of them from July 15 2022. Super NES. - Jpeg..jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	10929

A later sale:

Kawai Prestige Guitar, missing headstock badging, needing work - $3

Good cheap purchase, even though this guitar clearly wasn't taken care of super well.

Name:	IMG_0232 - Yard Sale Find from July 15, 2022 - Teisco Prestige Guitar - Jpeg..jpg 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	10930

Last sale I bought anything at:

Fender Acoustic Guitar - $35 (wasn't out, I asked if there was a guitar they'd like to sell.)

I think I probably overpaid a bit here for the guitar, but not horribly; by $5. It's in good condition, though, and they go for about $70 - $80. I saw it was a Fender, but it's one of the cheapest ones available.

Name:	IMG_0235 - Yard Sale Find from July 15, 2022 - Fender Acoustic Guitar - Jpeg..jpg 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	10931

=============
    July 21st, Thursday:
    =============

No games on this day. I did good in the non-game department, though, getting a 1958 Weaver Car Bumper Jack for $30 which I expect to keep for now even if bumper jacks seem antiquated. There's also a brand new DVD player, a brand new kitchen appliance, and a box of records for resale. That lot was $18. All these items were at the same sale within 5 miles of home, despite me going about 65 - 70 miles to another town to see if they had yard sales that were advertised. No, most people ended up having them the next day.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 08-14-2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: The $3 guitar's supposed to be a Kawai, not a Teisco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I went to the one game store that reliably has games I've never seen at any other shop before, and ended up picking up three PS4 games - Ys: Memories of Celceta "Timeless Adventurer Edition", Blazblue: Central Fiction, and Futuridium. I bought the Blazblue game since the PS3 version is being sold there around $95, and this one was $25. This is the first time I've seen the PS3 version in any game store since the pandemic started. I bought the other Blazblue games on the PS3 for $5 each, but the one I didn't get around to snapping up was the one that shot through the roof.

Megazone 23 is something I bought off Amazon, new, for a much better price than I thought I'd find it for. I bought it only for its Robotech connection - the Megazone 23 movie was redubbed and brought out around 1986 as Robotech: The Movie. I wanted to go see it since I loved Robotech at the time, but never managed to. Why it was made into a game for the PS3 in the 2010s is anybody's guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

hello all...been a little bit since i posted here...but yesterday and today went by a store called Small Town Toys and Games here in the town i live in...got some decent deals on 22 games...the best ones to note are shadowrun and lost vikings both on the genesis, both complete for $90 total...shadowrun is about $100 game complete on ebay so i consider that a win...other games to note...black belt on master system...no manual...then a bunch of snes games...none are high value...mostly dirt common...super play action football, zool, final fight 1, lethal enforcers, home alone 2, brunswick world tourny of champions, brett hull hockey, newman haas indy car, tetris attack, bass masters classic, bill lambeers combat basketball, desert strike, jungle strike, ...also got a few common nes games...rad racer, golf, infiltrator, super glove ball, and tennis....all in all.... i spent $230...normally try not to spend like that but every now and then i splurge