Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The past couple of days off work I went on more game hunts. The copy of Warriors Orochi 3 is another European import, bought it at a nice little game store I don't go into all that much. I also bought Chicken Police and Penn & Teller VR there. That copy of Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends is still shrinkwrapped, I love finding sealed games! And it bothers me to no end that the words Fuel go in the opposite direction from all other names on PS3 box spines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove out to a flea market that's weirdly only open on Wednesdays, but I got there too late, they'd shut down. So I hit a couple Game X Change stores while I was out there. The C=64 Mini was bought at a supermarket for $29 (from the same regional chain that I bought my Legends Flashback plug-and-play from, apparently somebody in charge of ordering stock seemingly loves retro mini consoles!). The CD jewel case on top is Heavenly Symphony: Formula One World Championship 1993 for the Japanese Sega Mega CD. The PS3 titles are holes in my collection that's helping me approach the 500 games mark.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i think your the only one able to really hunt this year

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I stopped "hunting" years ago. it used to be that I could find video games cheaper at garage sales and thrift stores, but now I dont see a difference between garage sale prices and eBay prices. I did score a couple of large lots on Craigslist earlier this year, but those dont come up very often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don't flea market and thrift store hunt too often nowadays. Most of the thrifts I liked seem to have gone out of business or changed hands and now only sell clothes. Most of my game hunting nowadays tend to be at Game X Change stores (they have way better prices than most game stores I've come across) or used movie stores.

I'm off Sunday, so I'm thinking about hitting a flea market but I don't expect to find anything. I'm more interested in the two game stores and the used movie place that are nearby. I'm also hitting a wall when it comes to collecting for the PS3, I'm now at 507 games and there's not that much that I'm looking for now. My main focus for collecting my entire life has mostly been pre-NES era games and systems, but you just don't find those anymore. Getting a PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and a Wii U all in the same year really brought back my happiness to collect games again. It'll be sad when I can't find anything I want for the PS3 anymore, it's been such a great machine to collect for. I pretty much play it every day I get off work just to unwind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I can't venture out to check my thrift haunts like I used to, but when I do it's pretty dry. The games are picked through or some places put them up on eBay or their own web site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There used to be a Disabled American Veterans thrift store in Irving, TX that I absolutely loved. I'd bought so much stuff from there, the place was cobbled together from a few buildings and had a maze-like layout. You never knew what you'd find there, from Atari 800 cartridges to shrinkwrapped French papercraft kits of famous landmarks to '70s board games to a broken Tomy Omnibot 2000 (which I passed on and I hate myself for it now). I hadn't gone there in a year or two after switching to a late-night work schedule, and I finally dropped by and saw that the entire place had changed. Turns out the DAV had closed and sold it off to someone else who doesn't have their own dedicated donation boxes, they buy whatever garbage they can sell, which is mostly clothes and baby stuff. Gone was their giant shelf full of 8-track tapes, their weird collection of 1950s and 1960s sci-fi paperbacks, way too many jigsaw puzzles, the orange cat that lived there and was usually asleep next to the register.... the place lost 99% of its character. Now it's just crap. It's now called Stars and Stripes thrift. They couldn't even come up with a decent name. It's just heartbreaking to see. I hope at least somebody adopted that cat.

I didn't go flea market shopping, the place I was planning on going was about an hour and a half away and I had a premonition of breaking down in the middle of nowhere. So I just hit a couple local Movie Trading Company stores, a couple Half Price Books, and a Game X Change store. Didn't find much. I'm on the hunt for a PS4 game called Sinking Cities - I bought one months back but only got around to playing it a few days ago and found a completely different game in the case, a copy of Stick It To The Man. I'm looking for a replacement (I think I only paid $8.99 for it and I don't have the receipt any more so that's all I can do) but had no luck. At least Labor Day sales were good and I picked up a few more holes for the collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

i got lucky at a friends gamestore a few days ago..he is clearancing out items because moving to a new location. he sold me 3 original gameboys for $10 total. i'm keeping 1 and selling the other 2 on ebay....also lots of disc only games that are going up on ebay as well...also bought 6 geneisis CIB games....mostly sports for about $3 each ...not a bad day

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

my local gamestore was getting $90 for the DMG and couldnt keep them in stock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove down to Waco, TX today. I haven't been there in a year or two so I made the drive from Dallas. I wanted to go to a flea market being held in a long-dead drive-in movie theater, but the highway into town slowed to a literal crawl. By the time I made it to an offramp I was so angry and delayed I just stayed away since it would have taken too long to get there. I hit a couple game stores and a movie store instead. Dark Souls II and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch are the Steelbook versions and they're the price of the regular versions, so Dark Souls II was $7.99 and Ni No Kuni was $14.99. Actually, I believe Dark Souls II was free as my "buy 2 get 1 free" deal. The Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Graces ƒ game is a European dual pack release that I'd never seen before. I do love my PS3 imports. There was a Brazilian game there too (the name of which I can't remember) but it was something I already had in English, otherwise I would have been tempted. Actually, there was also a PS4 Brazilian release there too. I wonder how these things made it to the middle of Texas where I'm assuming there's not many people fluent in Portuguese.

Iron Man 2, Human Fall Flat and Space Hulk were bought on my previous day off. The PS4 games were bought at the Nebraska Furniture Mart, a place I've driven past a hundred times but had never gone into. It's the size of a battleship and for some reason had a Jurassic World themed Ferris Wheel right next to it. Lots of high prices in that place but their games were fairly cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I haven't done a lot of game hunting on my days off - I wore out one of my brake pads and have been dealing with getting them changed (my car comes with special lugnuts that can only be taken off with a key lug, turns out when I went to National Tire & Battery earlier in the year to replace my battery not only did they change my radio stations, they also stole the key lug out of my glove box! I couldnt' even change my tire if I had a flat thanks to those bastards!) so I haven't ventured too far from home. Finally had the locking lugs broken off so they could remove the tire and replace the brake pads yesterday, and went to a Movie Trading Company store this afternoon and bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for the PS3 and The Seven Deadly Sins - Knights of Britannia for the PS4. Bought a replacement copy of the Sinking City for PS4 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for PS3 a week and a half ago at a local GameXchange. The two Danganronpa games I ordered off Amazon after watching a YouTube guy talk about how much he loved them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

just bought the Analouge Super NT....been debating on this thing ever since it was announced back in 2017 or whatever....the system and shipping was $219 and also bought a wireless Scout hyperkin controller for 29.99 on ebay. The system is supposed to be here this tuesday...so whenever it gets here i'll take pics and post it

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    just bought the Analouge Super NT....been debating on this thing ever since it was announced back in 2017 or whatever....the system and shipping was $219 and also bought a wireless Scout hyperkin controller for 29.99 on ebay. The system is supposed to be here this tuesday...so whenever it gets here i'll take pics and post it
    be sure to share your impressions.

I came to the realization that after doing the CFW, I have no interest in 90% of the SNES/Super Famicom library. I did discover one game that was kinda interesting called Jerry Boy. I never wouldve known what that game was had I not done the jailbreak and have instant access to all those titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I picked up Rez: Infinite, the 25th Ward: The Silver Case (both for PS4), and Beyond: Two Souls Steelbook version (PS3) last week. I've already got Beyond: Two Souls, but the Steelbook was only $4.99, so I snapped it up. Today I picked up Secret of Mana, Trials of Mana, Pure Chess, Letter: Root Letter Last Answer, Earth Defense Force 5, all for PS4, and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and A Crack In Time, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and Superbike World Championship for the PS3. Got home and realized that I already have Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

I bought Pure Chess not because I want to play chess (I played it once when I was a kid and don't remember a thing about how to play) but because I've never seen it before in a game store, chess games tend to be titles that vanish from store shelves and become difficult to find in the future, and it was under fifteen bucks. Secret of Mana and Trials of Mana are games I've had my eye on (I used to have Secret of Mana for the SNES complete but traded it away years ago) and finally found them in the $15 to $20 range. Letter just looked like a weird anime-style murder mystery that I've never seen before. It looks to me that collecting for the PS4 is going to be way harder than it was for the PS3, it seems like there's a million low print run, quirky niche games for the PS4 whereas most of these kinds of games didn't get physical releases for the PS3. Plus, development of games for modern consoles is so costly that they can no longer afford to publish a game in Japan only, they have to be translated and released worldwide to make some of their expenses back. So all sorts of oddball games are making it to the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    be sure to share your impressions.

I came to the realization that after doing the CFW, I have no interest in 90% of the SNES/Super Famicom library. I did discover one game that was kinda interesting called Jerry Boy. I never wouldve known what that game was had I not done the jailbreak and have instant access to all those titles.
    I got it today..i bought the solid black one and it looks amazing. I bought it with the intent of just playing my original cartridges....i have the snes mini for the roms and pretty happy with that set up. I think after i get paid i might go ahead and order the mega sg especially since it connects to the sega cd...wish it worked with 32x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I stopped by the Game Over video game store in Arlington, TX today. The only things I bought were two import PS3 games, Everybody's Golf 5 and Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 (My Summer Holiday). I nearly ordered My Summer Holiday a few months ago from PlayAsia, but my bank had a problem with ordering $170 worth of stuff from an Asian country, thinking it was a scam. The bank texted me about it, saying that if I wanted the order to go through to let them know. I let them know that yes, I want to spend my money in any way I see fit and want to complete my order, and they said that was fine and to resubmit my order. I did, and my credit card was blocked again. And again several hours later. So I gave up. What's worse is that I checked the site a week later, and several of the games I wanted shot up in price - Cadrius Blaze went from $54 to $108, for example. Thanks, overprotective credit union. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ran out to a game store tonight, all I bought was a copy of Trusty Bell for the PS3. It's yet another Japanese import game, it looks to be an Alice in Wonderland themed RPG. I also bought a replacement PS4 controller, didn't realize just how much of a punch it'd be in the wallet.

Also in shot is a Hot Wheels car, a Mario Kart. I'm not a Hot Wheels kind of guy, just picked it up for the novelty factor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Spent too much $$ today...bought a CIB DKC for snes...cib Namco museum on n64...charging blast and vanishing point on dreamcast...blood on an legacy of Kain on ps1 as well as wargames feed on 1 on ps1...all from a local thrift store...but unfortunately the owner knows his stuff on the video games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove for hours, well outside of town to hit a bunch of game stores. I was really hoping to find more PS3 games but there's so little I'm looking for anymore, I didn't get much. But I drove so far I had to justify the trip so I bought a bunch of PS4 games. Raid - World War II has a cameo from John Cleese in it. Really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I hit three or four places today, I didn't find any PS3 games I wasn't ashamed to buy (the games I don't already have in my collection were based on kid's movies like Bolt and Rio) so I ended up buying Warriors Orochi 4 and God Eater 2 for the PS4.