Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I had to run some errands today, so I stopped at a GameXchange that's a bit far away and picked up Captain America and Sonic Unleashed for the PS3 and Road Rage for the PS4. Looked in the glass counters and saw they had four Sony 3D glasses for assorted models of 3D TVs. I have a Playstation 3DTV, so I bought three of them for $9.99 each. One still had its USB cable sealed in plastic. The few times I ever come across Sony 3D glasses they tend to be $40 or more each, so I just had to grab these. One doesn't have any way to plug it in, there's a button battery socket on it, a 2032. I didn't know that was a thing, I thought 3D glasses needed charging. At least I know I'll have one pair of glasses that will work when the internal batteries eventually fail in the others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've been going to a bunch of different places looking for games, and not finding much of interest. Hit a couple thrift stores that have changed hands since I stopped going there regularly, and found nothing - each time these thrifts go under and get a new name/owner, they get worse and worse.

Found the Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii at a Half Price Books for $19.99 on Tuesday, and bought Conception Plus: Maidens of the Twelve Stars for PS4 at a game store later that evening. I hit a game store, movie store, and retro store today and came home empty handed. At least my sealed copy of Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage II showed up in the mail. It never came out in the US, just in Asia (this one's in Japanese and Chinese), so I'm happy. I love getting PS3 games that never made it over here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove down to Waco, TX today to do some game hunting. Didn't find much, unlike the last time I went. I picked up Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 with a crappy reprint cover for $19.99. I want to find an original copy of the game but I just can't catch a break on that, so disc-only is better than nothing. Also picked up Metal Max: Xeno because it looked interesting and it was only half the price of the last time I saw it at a store. Oddworld: Soulstorm is the Steelbook version, but it was used, so there's no extras with it. It was only $19.95. All the other stores, thrifts and a flea market came up empty. Almost a waste of time, really. At least I stopped in the town of West, TX to get some Czech sausage and pastries, which is practically a requirement of driving through the area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Picked up Panzer Dragoon for PS4 at a game store (new) this afternoon. I've had fairly good luck with Half Price Books lately, so I stopped at another one along my way and was surprised to find a bunch of PS4 Limited Run "Blind Box" games. I was only interested in one game, called Kill The Bad Guy. I stopped at a Movie Trading Company and bought Shovel Knight for the PS4. And lastly, a few days back I got a copy of The Cube for the PS3 off Amazon. It's based on a UK game show, and the gameplay actually looked pretty good. Didn't know it needed the PS Move to use it - I can barely make my Move controllers work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

picked up rainbow 6, super runabout, and revolt on dreamcast and lord of the rings conquest on 360 all from a local thrift store...paid $58 for all...gonna sell runabout to pay for the lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I decided to make the rounds to all the Half Price Books that are out of the way that I rarely go to. I went to four locations and stopped at a couple Movie Trading Company stores, and only found a couple games.

Picked up F1 2013 for $15 (I'm hoping to find a cheap copy of F1 2014, copies of that one seem to be over $30 or $40) and I only realized that I didn't have Ultra Street Fighter IV yet a few days ago, I was happy to find one.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i didnt feel like taking a picture, i havent gotten much except a few loose PSX games and Test Drive 5 and 6 for PSX off of ebay for about $8 before shipping
    i used to play test drive 4 with a friend all the time but always wondered about the rest of them, its interesting how they progress, like some weird beta test...

i also picked this up for $20
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WKNYPX6

i needed something cheap and it was going to cost almost as much as this to get it shipped so i added it and got the free shipping.
    If you order one just beware they ship them in a padded envelope most of the time and the box the 10th anniversary is made out of is really cheap and tears easily. mine didnt get damaged in shipping but i can see its been torn when it was folded up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove out to Corsicana, TX on a whim to hit a GameXchange store that's had good stuff in the past, didn't find much. Stopped at another GameXchange on the drive back too. All the games were buy-2-under $9.99-get-1-free except Birthdays The Beginning, which cost something like $12.99. That's one that's intrigued me in the past, it looks like a kid's game but it's by NIS America and ARC Systems. It looks kind of bizarre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hit a couple of Half Price Books today, didn't find anything at the first one but found a couple titles at the second. MotoGP 09/10 and the collector's edition of Borderlands: the Pre-Sequel, with some download codes that probably won't work. I've been picking up re-releases of games that will (I'm assuming) have bug fixes and DLC on them which'll be good to have once the update servers go offline permanently. Metro - Last Light from my last post is like that, it's an updated version and in a far better box than the one I bought in 2020. I don't count duplicates like that one, so I'm very slowly getting to the 600 PS3 game mark. I think I'm only three or four titles away at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

"When it rains, it pours." The saying goes both ways. I'm still not done, either; there are actually games missing from the lot that I have to go back to get, because the garage was too packed with other things.

I haven't catalogued everything yet, but so far, we have...

1 NES Power Set, minus the SMB / Duck Hunt / WCTM Game, and without the light gun. I'm not sure if the manual's in there or not.

1 Super NES, without a box (but the box might still be at the house?)

1 N64 with the box and manual, hookups, and 3 extra controllers.

Games? No NES games, but a good assortment of SNES games, mostly with the manuals. Some include Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3; Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, various Star Wars games, and Star Fox with the box and manual. There were only 5 N64 games, but a lot of manuals, mostly for games missing from the lot that I have to go back to the sale to check if they have. I got two sports games, Kirby 64, Mario Kart 64, Yoshi's Story. Missing from the lot are 007 Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Super Mario 64, and a few others.

I also got that Lego board game.

There are a few things missing from this picture; mostly a few strategy guides for N64 games, and some manuals that had been tucked away in one of the strategy guides.

Total? $105, and I didn't have to go even 5 miles away from home.

- Austin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1121.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	10902  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slate For This Useful Post:

Kyle15 (08-29-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

wow not too shabby, whered you find it listed for sale?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Slate (05-31-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    wow not too shabby, whered you find it listed for sale?
    Thanks. It wasn't listed online, I just walked into a garage sale and found all of it. I was surprised when I saw it, I didn't see anything from the street. I didn't expect to find much, but I had bought a Sunbeam Radiant Toaster there the year before (which is worth $100 easy, but I'm still using it,) so I thought "You never know until you look."

When I walked in the garage, I saw the N64 box. I looked closer, and it did not have the console inside. I then looked to my right, and the Power Set was there. I then asked if the N64 was around, and I asked about the NES. I was then shown everything else behind some more boxes.

I did go back this morning to see if they found games that were missing, and they had not yet. However, I printed out a list of games for them that I know are missing (based on the manuals I got without cartridges.)

I also had bought a Dreamcast controller extension cable there some years ago, so I asked if they might have that. Maybe they do, but it's too early to tell yet.

The husband there also has a hobby of roasting coffee beans in the garage, which he was doing when I was there the first day. We bought 12 oz this morning.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 05-17-2022 at 05:36 PM. Reason: That was 12 oz of coffee, not a pound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

nice, i havent hit garage/yard sales in a while. where i was living there was too much competition but now its a smaller town 30 minutes from most every where with mostly old farts so maybe i'll have better luck.
    odds are they are the people that price everything way high though

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Slate (05-31-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Past couple of days off work I managed to attempt to look for more PS3 games to get me to my goal of 600 titles, but there isn't very much I'm interested in. There's games I could just buy to get to 600, but they're kiddie games or sports games, and I'm mainly searching out games that I actually want to play. Nowadays, most of what I want are foreign games that I'm not likely to find around here (and are pretty far beyond my budget - I generally top out at new game prices, around $50 to $60). But I still look, even though I've picked over the few places near me that still sell PS3 stuff.

Last Saturday I picked up Saints Row 2 and Hot Shots: Out of Bounds. I already have the Japanese version of Hot Shots, called Everybody's Golf 5. So I don't know whether or not to count it as a different title on my shelf. Not shown is a copy of The Incredible Hulk, which I bought and found out I already had a copy. Bummer. Tonight I ran by a Movie Trading Company store and picked up Ben 10 - Galactic Racing, Rise of the Argonauts, and SBK Superbike World Championship. Here's the thing, I already have a game called Superbike World Championship SBK. They have different covers and it looks like they were developed by different companies, and it was only $4.95, so I picked it up... I'll try it out later to see if they really are different.

I'm pretty sure I've hit 600 games now. I find organizing them in alphabetical order a pain in the butt, so I don't do it often. I'll have to now, just to make them easy to count up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hit a Movie Trading Company location and a couple of GameXchanges. I bought .hack//G.U. Last Recode for $24.99 used at a Movie Trading Company, went to GameXchange and found it new for $21.99. When I got home I found that I already bought it some time ago for $15.99. Sigh. I'm getting "old man memory".

First GameXchange I picked up Prince of Persia Trilogy and Adventure Time - The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. Also wanted Beowulf-The Game, but the only copy they had was deeply scratched. At the next location, one I've usually had good luck at, they had a pile of hard to find PS3 games. Stuff I struggled to locate last year and ended up having to order online, they had one or two copies each. I'd forgotten Way of the Samurai 3 existed since I haven't seen a copy since lockdown began in 2020.

Because I keep buying duplicates I had to re-alphabetize and reorganize all my shelves of PS3 and PS4 games so I can get updated pictures to keep on my phone of my collection. I can hopefully stop getting extra copies of stuff. And now that it's all in line on my shelf, I can see that I have 607 PS3 titles. Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

things are dry again here, only thing i've got the past few weeks (since my last actual find post) was a slim PS3 for $25 and a decent set of playstation component cables for $4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

$25 for a slim PS3 was a bargain. I'd buy it just so I could crack it open and throw in a decent sized hard drive. I'm tired of barely having any room on the internal drive, downloading games before the servers are shut down and having to back them up to an external drive (which I've never tested that I can actually put back onto my PS3) and delete them. I have one game, Siren - Blood Curse that tells me there's not enough room on the internal drive to install it, so it won't play. Sheesh.

Wednesday I went to the reliable ol' game store on the other side of town but at this point there's very little I'm looking for. Still, I picked up Avatar: The Game for the heck of it and Dirt: Showdown. At a nearby Half Price Books I picked up Nights of Azure (which sounded familiar, turns out I'd bought the sequel fairly recently) and Mystik Belle, which looked pretty interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Did some more game hunting this afternoon at various game stores around the area, picked up some good 'uns.

My most recent photo listing of my PS3 collection that I keep on my phone showed that I didn't have Mafia II yet, so I grabbed it at a game store in Fort Worth, TX along with a Japanese copy of Tales of Vesperia.

I stopped at three other stores along the way and didn't find anything of interest. Then I stopped at a GameXchange and saw something on a table next to the front window that I told myself I'd pick up if I didn't find any other games there. Well, I didn't find any other games... so, $129 later, I now own an Arcade1up mini Asteroids cab. It's a space-saving size, not too deep considering there's no CRT inside taking up room. It's a little dirty but it's not scraped up or anything from the previous owner. I texted photos to my brother since he's always loved Tempest and Lunar Lander, and he's going nuts over it. He's more excited than me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'd seen Space Hulk for the PS3 on Amazon before the collecting market wiped out all the PS3 rarities from their store during lockdown, so I looked it up again... and it was there, only $19.99 new. Looking at the seller's other stuff I saw the European compilation game "Motorbike Racing Pack" MotoGP 13, SBKK Generations, and Mud so I picked that one up too. It seems like some of the more rare import stuff is making its way back to Amazon, which is always good. I'd rather go through them than eBay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Time to catch up to the present, for the rest of May.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1143.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	10903

On May 13th, I got that Retro-Bit NES for a quarter, and also Civil War on PS2 (in poor condition) for a quarter. There was also a Pokemon Trading Cards lot that I paid a quarter for, but I forgot to put it in the photo.

I think on May 19th, I then found the Gamecube lot for $40 in a yard sale. It's a DOL-101 (later model without all the ports,) so I'm not keeping it.

Games included are:

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
    Metroid Prime
    NHL 06
    Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II
    Rainbow Six Lockdown

I think 3 out of 5 don't have their manuals, including Metroid.

This lot: $40.75.

Name:	IMG_1145.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	10904

The next thing, also on May 19th, was when I went back to the same sale that I got the NES / SNES / N64 lot at on May 12th. They gave me these, too, since the items weren't included in the lot when they should have been.

Super NES Box + Manuals + Other Papers & Styrofoam (plastic wrapping wasn't included)
    Mario Paint Box, Mouse, Pad (no packing - I had the game and manual already)
    N64 Controller Boxes (Green is missing the packing cardboard and plastic, Red has the cardboard but no plastic.)

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	10905

Then on May 26, I got this lot. I found Final Fantasy 7 for $1 (without a manual,) then I asked if there was anything else, at which point I was told there's a Game Boy (which I had missed earlier; it was in a closed box.)

Game Boy Color in Grape Purple (with manual)
    Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 2 (with manual)
    Donkey Kong Land 2 (with manual)
    Pokemon Pinball (with manual)
    Super Mario Land 2 (with manual)

Accessories for Game Boy Color:

System Link Cable, Official Nintendo

NUBY "Action Pack" with Manual - Includes:
    Power Adapter
    System Link Cable
    Magnifier / Front Light Attachment
    Rechargeable Battery
    Other random battery-holding looking thing?

The Game Boy lot was $4, so I paid $5 for this whole lot in total.

Oh, and I also bought a loose copy of Ghosts 'n' Goblins on NES from eBay for $19.03 (tax counted,) since I really wanted to just play it (I had a copy from 2004 - 2013, but I never bothered with it.)

Total cost for games this May (not counting gasoline and time) - $164.78. That includes the Nintendo lot from earlier on this page.

Non-game finds include kitchen appliances, which I won't post photos of:

1960s G. E. Waffle Iron / Griddle, In Box, apparently never used? It still has its tag on it - $3.
    1978 (?) Salton Peanut Butter Machine - $2 (pretty happy about this one, even if it's small and I need to crush walnuts a bit before making walnut butter.)
    1999 Magic Chef Pizzelle Maker - $5 (This is the most comically musical kitchen item I have, it toots like a horn when I cook with it.)

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 05-31-2022 at 12:07 PM.