Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I went way out of town to go to a game store that has usually had good stuff (the only place I can think of that has an Emerson Arcadia 2001 sitting on their console shelf) and bought a couple imports, a Japanese version of Sengoku Basara: Samauri Heroes for the PS3, and a Singapore release of Kamen Rider Climax Fighters for the PS4. And on my previous day off I ended up buying Dragon Quest Heroes II for the PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

My nephew is up in Seattle, and he started sending me photos from a local video game store this afternoon. That inspired me to head out to some game stores too - he's been looking for a couple games, so I thought I'd see if I could find them near me. Didn't find the stuff he wanted, sadly. I picked up a PS3 Rapala fishing game recently, and on the back of the case it says it'll work with a wireless fishing controller that some copies were boxed with. I found the fishing controller, and it turns out there's no USB transceiver to plug into the console and it can't work without it. I tried some generic USB dongles from wireless mice and controllers, they don't work. Well, crap. I did pick up another Rapala fishing game that doesn't need the wireless controller. I went to a GameXchange that had (past tense) a disc-only copy of the PS3 game El Chavo Kart. I couldn't get myself to pay $120 for a game without a case, regardless of how hard to find it is (it was only released in Mexico and Brazil) but since then prices have gone down on rarer PS3 games, so I thought I'd check up and see if it had gotten a little more reasonable. And it was gone. Bummer. All I bought there was the Zone of the Enders: Mars VR game for the PS4. At the place where I bought the fishing controller I bought the Spanish language (still sealed) copy of Invizimals: El Reino Escondido. The fishing controller and game were only $9.99 each. Way of the Samurai 4 is also sealed and came off Amazon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I'm now searching for the little USB transceiver for that wireless fishing rod up above, so I decide to go back to that game store in Mesquite, TX called Game Trade that's getting rid of all their video games. Maybe they might have what I'm looking for. I get there, and they've changed the name of the store since my last visit, I guess to distance themselves more from video games. They're called Game Nerdz now. They had a table filled with old gaming junk (mostly Xbox 360 Kinect cameras, power supplies, and cables) marked down to $1 each. All their video games have been condensed down to a couple shelves, mostly sports games. No fishing controller dongle. No PS3 games of interest. I picked up The Town of Light and Killing Floor Double Feature for the PS4. Heading up to the register I noticed behind some Pokemon boxes behind the counter they still had some Limited Run games (they used to be an authorized retailer). Since all PS4 games are now 25% off, I broke down and bought the Beyond A Steel Sky steelbook, Edge of Eternity, and A Hole New World since there's no way I'll ever find them new at that price.

I was a couple miles away, so I went to a GameXchange nearby and all I found was a Japanese version of Dead Rising 2 that I bought for the heck of it, and at a Half Price Books down the street bought that Cabela's Adventure Camp for the PS3, and a German copy of Das Mystery-Team for the PSP. I think I have one or two other PSP games, and none of them imports, so I had to have it (and it was only $7.99 which made the purchase easier). I've found over time that if I buy a game for a system I don't have, eventually I'll find the system at a decent price down the line. That hasn't always worked (I'm still waiting for a Neo•Geo CD console to play my one game on it that I bought 15 years ago) but I hold out hope.