Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Going across town to eat at a Greek fish n' chips restaurant, I stopped at a nearby GameXchange and bought an Australian Skyrim (PS3), a Japanese Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4), and Senko No Ronde 2 (PS4). I bought the imports because I absolutely love that the days of region locked games are (almost) over, and I bought Senko No Ronde 2 because I've seen it in the case at a game store in Mesquite, TX called Game Trade that's a Limited Run authorized retailer, and I was happy to find a used copy instead of paying for a full price new copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I havent found any thing lately but i guess i unfound some extra systems if thats what you could call it.

i unloaded a few N64's with cables but no controllers and a few VB systems with a couple games for $700

i'm not getting out of collecting or any thing but i didnt think i needed so many spare systems. keeping 2 VB and 6 N64 systems seemed more ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i unloaded a few N64's with cables but no controllers and a few VB systems with a couple games for $700
    Isn't it amazing to see how much old systems are going for now? When I see an Atari Jaguar system going for over $400 in a game store, my eyes pop out like a cartoon character. I just wish I'd bought a few Jaguars when Kay-Bee Toys was clearing them out back in the day for next to nothing. Of course, I didn't have as much money to throw around in the '90s, but I should have picked a few up.

I'm on vacation right now, and all I picked up was a copy of Dirt 2 and No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise for the PS3. I actually have No More Heroes already, but its case wasn't in the best shape and this one was cheaper than the one I bought last year. Didn't take pictures.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I will never understand why anything with the Atari Jaguar is selling for hundreds. it's a niche system with brand recognition, and it's old. I guess that's enough for some to drop hundreds on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    I will never understand why anything with the Atari Jaguar is selling for hundreds. it's a niche system with brand recognition, and it's old. I guess that's enough for some to drop hundreds on.
    Practically ANY game system is commanding mucho money right now. It seems like after a week Nintendo ended production of the 2/3DS, used prices of the system doubled. I could get a 2DS for about $45 from the local game store. It jumped to about $70-75. 2DS XL's are going for more than MSRP when you could get them for $100 refurbished from Nintendo.

The Jaguar, however, was a goofy system price wise, at least here in Wisconsin. I remember seeing it go for peanuts in some catalog but, like Steve, I didn't have the cash in the 90's to drop on this. It wasn't until later that I jumped on a Jaguar system at some consignment type store that I paid maybe $70 for it with Cybermorph. This was maybe around 1999 or 2000 and eBay was starting to be a thing and savvy people were starting to figure out games could be worth something. I saw Jag prices being double of what they were being closed out at, so that's why I dove into the Jaguar universe when I did. I didn't stay in that universe too long as the games never clicked for me.

To correlate that, a local video store was clearing out the NES games for like $6 a pop. This included complete titles like "Bubble Bath Babes" and the "Action 52", which I snagged. I sold them later (as they sucked) and got good money. I think the video store figured it out that I and others were flipping the games as later on they started charging "eBay prices" or whatever they used to look up the going price.