Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a local GameXchange and bought No More Heroes III and The Nonary Games for the PS4. Can't Drive This came in from Amazon a couple days ago, and Hell Warders was bought earlier this week at a Movie Trading Company.

I went to a couple other shops but didn't buy anything. One of which was a game store called The Gaming Vault in far northern Fort Worth, TX that also sells Pokemon cards and other collectible playing card games. Turns out the night before they were broken in to. Smashed the glass front door out, smashed the glass cases, grabbed all the individual Pokemon cards and packs of the more valuable stuff. Didn't touch the video games. And apparently whoever did this hit six other local tabletop game stores the same way over the past few nights. I remember when people would do a smash and dash on video game stores for actual video games (a game store in Duncanville in the SNES/Genesis days was broken into three times before they closed for good), now it's all about tabletop stuff. It's sad to see my hobby isn't even worth the bother to criminal sh!tbags nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm happy to have found a copy of Disaster Report 4 for the PS4, the only one I've ever seen on a store shelf was $79 a couple years ago. I also ordered The Ninja Saviors: Return of The Warriors off Amazon. Not in the photo was the copies of Nioh I and II that I bought last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Last week I went to my favorite game store and picked up Shiny and Ziggurat for the PS4. I'd seen Ziggurat on store shelves for a couple of years but I never looked at the screenshots, it looks like a Hexen-style game, so I grabbed it. And I ordered the remaster of Ganryu 2 off Amazon. But I couldn't post my finds because this site was down.

I went out today to a couple Half Price Books, and bought Star Trek: Resurgence for the PS4 and Jak & Daxter Collection Remastered for the PS3. That now puts me at roughly 690 PS3 games. I'm looking forward to breaking the 700 game barrier. And I tried to play the Star Trek game, it took over 10 minutes to install. Then it gives you button presses for pretty much everything under the sun - do I need so many options? Do I really have to push buttons or triggers to do trivial things in the game? It seems a bit excessive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I found out that Game Over Videogames has just opened another location in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, way up near McKinney. Picked up SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Platinum Edition for the PS4, and Sengoku Basara 4 for the PS3. Later on I stopped at a GameXchange (Also in McKinney) and bought Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness for the PS4.

It's kind of a shame that very few people are able to find anything in the wild nowadays, it's weird when I'm almost always the one posting things.

Last edited by Steve W; 03-27-2024 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Me ain't got no good spellin' an' junk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a GameStop in a mall today and bought a bunch of PS4 games, all $12.99 or under. Severed Steel, They Always Run, Cross Code, Arkanoid Eternal Battle, and Arcadegeddon. Sisters Royale came from Amazon today too, strangely in German. And yesterday I stopped at my favorite game store and picked up Exile's End.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I haven't really found much of anything worth mentioning in a looong time, but the other day I bought a Gameboy Micro at a thrift store for $3! Including the charger and a game.
    I've never even seen one in person before then and didn't realize just how tiny it actually is.

It was missing the face plate so I 3D printed a replacement and thought I'd experiment with trying to give it a woodgrain finish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodgrain.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	11132
    Last edited by jb143; 04-07-2024 at 01:28 PM.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I finally had my first order to PlayAsia go through (my credit union was convinced the previous orders were some kind of credit card scam and blocked them) and I finally got my hands on a copy of River City Super Sports Challenge for the PS3. sealed. It's the Hong Kong release that was translated into English. And a couple days ago I went to my favorite game store and picked up Ace of Seafood (I watched a YouTube video to figure out what the game was, and afterwards still couldn't figure out what the game was about, it's that weird) and Blade Assault for the PS4, both sealed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I woke up painfully early and drove out to Ennis, Texas because it was directly in the center of the path of totality of the eclipse. It occurs to me that I've never seen a full eclipse before, only partial ones. Pretty damn cool. Since I was out so far anyway, I drove out further to a Gamexchange in Corsicana and bought the SNK 40th Anniversary collection for the PS4. On the drive home I stopped at the Gamexchange in Waxahachie and picked up Transformers Devastation for the PS3 and We Happy Few for the PS4. I had a pretty long day today.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240406_180839523.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	11133

hey all i am still here, been dealing a lot in the personal life since feb. i did find a few things atleast

starting off the switch games came from a gaming swap meet i needed an extra copy of mario kart to play with a friend (that never happened) while i was in texas and tiny barbarian was just a why not.
    Mario Kart 8 DX - switch $30 (complete)
    Tiny Barbarian - switch $15 (complete)

next up are the wii games and the punisher they came from a local goodwill. Punisher surprised me on its value of almost $40 still
    Spectrobes - wii $4 (complete)
    Counter Force - wii $4 (complete)
    Punisher - xbox $7 (complete)

in late march i had to go to texas to visit a family member. one of those for the last time deals. and one of the days we were waiting around and i saw a movie trading company and i always see Steve talk about them so i popped in and i didnt see anything i wanted to try and shoe horn into my carry on so just to say i bought something i bought a copy of unreal championship for $4. it was better condition than any other copy i've seen before where i live.
    This was the movie trading company in Lewisville TX (spelling?)

all the while this stuff (and more) has been going on the district i work for found them selves in a pickle and short $4 million suddenly. yea i dont know how that happens other than just ignorance. so there will be layoffs and i think the state is going to come in and take things over, which they should. any way there was a day where i just couldnt deal with the BS any more so i went out with a friend (who also works for the district) and found 2600 games at a st vincent de paul.
    Kinda surprising and their prices were $1 to $3 ea. so i got a few i didnt think i had. they had like 4 copies of ET and i've never owned a copy so i grabbed two since they get hoarded. the find in this is Encounter at L5 its actually got some value to it. one of these days i'll be able to play games again.

i think i paid $12 for all of them. not gonna list them all you can see in the pic.
    i left a lot behind for others but i was pretty sure i had them or wouldnt ever play them

and then this last wednesday i found another 360E console in much better shape than the one i had before. i plan on modding one so i can play all my XB and 360 games on one console with HDMI out that isnt shaped like some werido swoopy thing.
    it was $20

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (04-14-2024)